Are my specs too low?
Hey, I just recently started using PCSX2 and is quite confused. Sad

I'm trying to play Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5, which is working fine until it enters battle. When it does, my fps enters the range between the 20s and 30s and soon freezes. What's even more unfortunate is that I can't stop its process in Task Manager and whenever I click on shut down, reboot or sleep etc. my computer freezes.

Is this because my computer is too weak or am I not settings it correctly?

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00 GHz
Graphics: GMA 4500MHD
RAM: 4GB

Thanks in advance!!! Laugh

Sponsored links

it is because your system is quite weak (especially that intgrated GPU).play in native res, set both clamp modes to none, and use some speedhacks (not all of them at the same time). oh, & try latest beta too.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, this is what I have right now. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing..Unsure
[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png]
[Image: 4.png]
[Image: 5-1.png]
[Image: 6.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
BTW, do you know how to end the process? Sad

Oh and thanks for your help.
My processor is like a 6.4 at the best, yours is like an 8.0 (in billions of floating point operations per second, or 'gigahertz' in pentium 4 terms [c2d does 2x instructions per cycle]), so it's definitely either your integrated graphics or the game your playing. Try messing around more with the EE cycle rate and VU stealing, I get FFX running 30-40 FPS to 60-80 completely playable on my 'weak' hardware (EE cyclerate -50%, maximum VU stealing and wait loop detection). Then again I have an 8600GT 256MB SSC so at around 2048x1536 internal res I'm only getting 50-70% GPU usage and about 110-150 in VRAM usage.

I'm using GSDX 0.19 SSE2, SPUX-2, Lilypad 0.10.0 and Linuz ISO 0.9.0

You could try PCSX2 0.9.6 but for me it made FFX unplayable even with the same settings.

To end the process, your going to need Process Explorer by Systernals, it's a much better program than Task Manager anyways. Just lower the process priority to below normal or idle at any rate and you should be fine if you have to close it.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Hey dangerous. Thats all im trying to get to play is final fantasy X. Can u help? I have same exact settings as guy above(probably saw same video lol) I have AMD ATHLON 64X2 dual core 1.9 ghz 2 gb ram nvidia geforce 7000 Can u help me get final fantasy 10 running please It would be much appreciated man Laugh
(07-24-2010, 12:49 AM)Gdubness Wrote: Hey dangerous. Thats all im trying to get to play is final fantasy X. Can u help? I have same exact settings as guy above(probably saw same video lol) I have AMD ATHLON 64X2 dual core 1.9 ghz 2 gb ram nvidia geforce 7000 Can u help me get final fantasy 10 running please It would be much appreciated man Laugh

Actually yes that would be possible seeing as your processor fits the minimum to run it real-time.

Just set VU stealing to 3 (maximum) and EE cyclerate to 3 (-50%)
Tick Wait Loop Detection

Use GSDX 0.19 SSE2 and SPU2-X.

I have a video up on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IquoRdTF20
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
hmm its still going bad for me
btw, is it possible for you to tell me where to download GSDX 0.19 SSE2?

I just tried Process Explorer, and it couldn't terminate it either.. Sad
thanks anyways Laugh
Google GSDX 0.1.9 and check out your second result.

It could be the game too, lol I'd probably get slightly less framerate than you like 25 fps.

Really you might have better results with MGS3.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Dangerous thank you for the quick response. I downloaded gsdx 0.1.9 put that as the plugin. I put both the spped hacks u told me to 3.( MAXED OUT) And i am still getting same results.....I dont get it if Im the minimum why cant I get it to play smoothly? Even somewhat close to smoothly. Its a good system man I can run halo 2 on it so I know it can handle this. I fu have any other Ideas my friend please let me know Smile many thanks buddy Laugh
(07-24-2010, 02:26 AM)Gdubness Wrote: Dangerous thank you for the quick response. I downloaded gsdx 0.1.9 put that as the plugin. I put both the spped hacks u told me to 3.( MAXED OUT) And i am still getting same results.....I dont get it if Im the minimum why cant I get it to play smoothly? Even somewhat close to smoothly. Its a good system man I can run halo 2 on it so I know it can handle this. I fu have any other Ideas my friend please let me know Smile many thanks buddy Laugh

What framerate are you getting? What is your video card?

I'm figuring it's most likely your GPU bottlenecking you, because you should still get at least 45-60 FPS in FFX with that processor.

This is what I'm getting on mine:
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin