Are their bios versions that work better then others ?
I've dump two bios from my two PS2's. One is v1.60 and the other is from my newer one v2.30 USA models by the way. Which work the best with PCSX2, I don't mind buying another PS2 there cheap anyway.

Last question so lets say I start a game with with my Bios v1.60 and I decide I want to try my another Bios v2.30 with the same game, are games saves and save states be fine if I do that ? Is there any cons switching bios ? I put a lot of hours in this game and didn't want to mess up anything.

Thanks

Sponsored links

There's no difference between the two in PCSX2. They will perform identically and savestates will work between the two just fine.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
You can still keep using a single bios file, why dump multiple bios files ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
He had two PS2s so why not?

I actually have two bios as well, from my current V4 and an old V10. And yes, I do still have the V10. Well the mobo. The important part Ninja
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-09-2015, 01:30 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: There's no difference between the two in PCSX2. They will perform identically and savestates will work between the two just fine.

In game saves safe also right ?
Yeah, its all safe
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thanks
(06-09-2015, 03:10 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: He had two PS2s so why not?

Because it's pretty much useless. it's like getting a red toothpaste when he currently has a black colored one. It' just my Opinion on it Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
IIRC, some bios seem to still apply region locking in full boot even when emulated.
I think this is one of the idea's of fast boot.... you skip the region block...