Areas of interest for new linux developers
@remeh,
Quote: Yes I've disabled the flag (thanks @willkuer for the relpy too).
Please open a PR with it. Buildbots aren't happy with those logs.

Sponsored links

(01-09-2016, 11:51 PM)gregory Wrote: @remeh,
Please open a PR with it. Buildbots aren't happy with those logs.

OK I'll do it!
I've also started an OSD branch, a PR should arrive soon.
I'd like to start work with PGO.

Quick question: if I compile with -fprofile-generate, play a game for ~30 minutes, and then recompile with -fuse-profile, wouldn't PCSX2 be optimized for the first ~30 minutes of the game?

Is anyone working on this yet?
(11-27-2016, 10:52 PM)pixelherodev Wrote: Quick question: if I compile with -fprofile-generate, play a game for ~30 minutes, and then recompile with -fuse-profile, wouldn't PCSX2 be optimized for the first ~30 minutes of the game?

Not really, although it will be obviously mostly optimised for that game, or at least games that use those libraries. The reason being it doesn't care what data is passing through, it cares how the functions are used and optimises accordingly, all those function calls will be done through a PS2 library so should be used identically throughout the game.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The best is to use save state/card, to play a bit various scene. Rather 30 minutes to the same place. It will allow GCC to detect the cold/mid/hot path. A hot path in one game can be a cold one in another game. Based on Windows behavior, it could help to gain a couple of fps but don't expect miracle.
(11-28-2016, 12:32 PM)gregory Wrote: The best is to use save state/card, to play a bit various scene. Rather 30 minutes to the same place. It will allow GCC to detect the cold/mid/hot path. A hot path in one game can be a cold one in another game. Based on Windows behavior, it could help to gain a couple of fps but don't expect miracle.

If I ran PCSX2 on my 2003 Dell computer, 5 FPS would be a miracle!

I'm working on PGO now - just more CMake work. I'll have to test it, though that may have to wait a few days for my new hard drive to arrive - I'm stretching the space limits already!

(I'm not working on that computer. It's my backup for if I accidentally delete the wifi firmware on here again Wink