Aren't my specs good enough?
I think I've solved the problem, at least slightly. Now I just need to adjust my settings so it's running at full performance. Now, I do have the hard discs, so it wasn't illegal. I went ahead and made a .data/ .iso file from the hard disc itself and played the game then and it was significanly faster. Now, my question to you after doing so.. .iso, .dat, or whatever other file format there is from extracting files from discs. Is there a quicker format to use? Or are the formats pretty much all the same speed?

Sponsored links

They're pretty much the same.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I also meant to ask if write speed matters much in terms of playing the game, performance or speed-wise. I use ImgBurn. I have heard of instances where writing too fast can skip files and such. So I was wondering if it would affect performance of the game as well. Also, how do you convert a .dat format to .iso format, or is it even necessary? I can run the game under .dat format but was wondering if it would be better with .iso format. Thanks in advance.
Ah.. I am tired with you. if copying the files from pc-dvd, Writing speed may skip some files, if your burner is not good. If you want to burn, burn it at 2x Tongue2.While copying the files from cdvd to pc, writing speed, is reccomended at max. Well, i didn't have any game with *.dat file though Tongue2. You should use only iso format (cause thats the safest).Laugh

recoder Wrote:And one for all, writing speed, doesn't matters in performance, reading speed may matter.

PCSX2 Team: Q1) Well, how do you play *.dat games.

And last, your specs, are ok. for pcsx2. the advice i would give it to you is to use, Clamping to none. use gsdx in 1024 x 1024 or 512 x 512.While Texture Filtering set to the third mode. And there's nothing that pcsx2 likes ati better than nvida or something like that. Well, you also, may use frameskip for extra performance.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]