Armored Core 3 running slow
Although I believe this may have been a thread on here years ago, I looked through it and found that the solutions described in that thread either didn't help me with this issue at all or I couldn't get the suggested solution to work. Before I start, here is my current system specifications: 

AMD FX9590 x8 core processor 4.75Ghz 
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard
ASUS Strix GTX 980 video card
Corsair Dominator 32GB RAM 
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR sound card 

For the problem I am having, whenever I run Armored Core 3 in the most recent version of PCSX2 I always encounter a low frame rate despite trying other solutions such as running the game in its native resolution and trying software mode which I noticed fixed the problem for Armored Core Last Raven but didn't do anything to help with Armored Core 3. What makes this even more peculiar is that Armored Core Silent Line which runs on the same engine as Armored Core 3 runs perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever yet Armored Core 3 keeps giving me the same problem. I noticed in the thread I saw years ago about this that they suggested trying to use speed hacks to increase the frame rate yet I don't know where to even start to look for those much less getting them to work. As I have just signed up for this community after finally getting PCSX2 to work after several failed attempts in the past, I will probably be posting more threads about issues I come across in the future.

Sponsored links

Same engine does not mean making the same use of that engine. AC3 could use some PS2 feature that is slower to emulate.

What are the EE and GS percentages at the top of the game window when there's slowdown?
The EE % is rating about 35% and the GS % is rating at about 50% with the test I just did before typing this, for some reason the speed is normal with 60FPS while running it in Direct3D Hardware mode at 1920x1080 resolution which is strange since it didn't want to work properly before even after testing different plugin settings and testing other games in the series released during the same era which worked fine. Only thing I noticed was some minor graphics glitches which I believe might be fixed just by switching to software mode or going native with the resolution anyway.