Armored Core - Last Raven
Hey, I just got around to testing Armored Core - Last Raven, and it seems to crash the emu at startup before the developer/publisher logo's. On software mode it gets Ingame, 30-45FPS in menu's, and 40-80FPS during actual gameplay. That's on PCSX 0.9.6, with GDSX 0.1.14. 6 Software render threads.

System specs:
Intel I7 920, stock speeds
3GB Tri-Channel 1066MHz DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9800GTX+ 1024MB GDDR3

Is there anyone who's gotten it to work on hardware mode yet? The slowdowns in the menu's on software mode are quite anoying, and ofcourse i'd prefer a little less jaggy textures :3.

Sponsored links

Do you mean to say that it runs fast on software mode in-game(gameplay)?
Have you tried enabling NATIVE option in GSdx config.?
try turning off the speed hacks.
(03-15-2009, 11:29 AM)redlof Wrote: Do you mean to say that it runs fast on software mode in-game(gameplay)?
Have you tried enabling NATIVE option in GSdx config.?
try turning off the speed hacks.

It actually runs on GDSX Software mode, but not on hardware mode. In game on software mode it runs at 40 to 80 FPS, usually more on the 55-60 range. In menu's on software mode it slows down to a crawl at 30 to 45 FPS. On hardware mode, it crashes a few seconds after i load the disc. Before the developer publisher logo's. I've tried disabling speed hacks, and turning on native mode on GDSX, but to no avail.
i havn't tried Armored Core - Last Raven, but i've tried AC2 and AC3, and IIRC both of them worked in hardware mode gsdx.
but its been a while since i tested them, so not sure if they still work.
(03-15-2009, 12:18 PM)cottonvibes Wrote: i havn't tried Armored Core - Last Raven, but i've tried AC2 and AC3, and IIRC both of them worked in hardware mode gsdx.

Hmm i'd have to see if i can pick up any of those anywhere for a cheap price. Which one do you prefer, AC2 or 3?
I've only played Armored Core on the ps1 before, enjoyed it quite a bit back then.
After some looking up Armored core2 and Armored Core 3 don't support right analog stick aiming, which is something i really did like about last raven. So i'm really interested if anyone has a way to not get it to crash on hardware mode.
I tried using some older versions of GDSX and most of the older versions actually showed me a error on the console window instead of just silently crashing. I'm not sure if this is just related to the older versions, or if this might be the cause for it crashing on hardware mode.

[Image: olderver.JPG]
(03-15-2009, 12:18 PM)cottonvibes Wrote: i havn't tried Armored Core - Last Raven, but i've tried AC2 and AC3, and IIRC both of them worked in hardware mode gsdx.

Hi, I recently installed and configured pcsx2 and have tested it to run (albeit slowly) on a real ps2 game disc. However, I wanted to try armored core 3 but have had no success getting the game to start. Upon selecting run>execute in the emulator, everything is fine until the white "playstation" text shows up, but after that the screen just turns black. I've tried many many combinations of settings, but still no luck. If it's not too much trouble and if you remember, could you post some advice to help me get AC3 working? I've googled for info, and have found someone with my problem, but no replies to that post...Thanks for your time.