Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assasins creed 2 for PC
So has anyone read about there new DRM? To be able to play Assasins creed 2 you need a very stable average high speed internet connection cause you are forced to make an account on the ubisoft website then use that account to login to play the game and if at some time there is even a 1 second connection loss you will get disconnected and will have to load up where you last saved or autosaved. If ubisofts master server is down then you cant play either and depending on what happens you will have to download a temp file to let you play offline till there servers are fixed. So its an online only singleplayer game lol? To make it worse they want you to pay 50 euros for this quality product of failure aswell. And not only that but they can ban you aswell so you cant play that singleplayer game anymore.

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://assassinscreed.com

Sponsored links

...fail. This gives pirates THAT much more reason to crack the game even faster than usual, having the opposite effect they would expect.
I wonder when they'll get this fact...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wow, and no one in the staff meeting raised their hands and asked, "Uh...explain to me why this isn't the worst %#&*ing idea I've ever heard?"

It's gotten to a point with anti-piracy stuff that less is more. Companies are just trying to do too much...
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(02-23-2010, 01:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...fail. This gives pirates THAT much more reason to crack the game even faster than usual, having the opposite effect they would expect.

fail +2

"This is the most amazing idea I have ever heard!! Lets do it!"

I just can't imagine everyone agreeing to this.....
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Well, I really doubt that Ubisoft will do this for a long time. I'm counting that they'll bow to the mass protests of the community. This is even bigger than the protests against the use of SecuRom, which was successfull as well. Not to mention the great image damage Ubisoft will get through this DRM. They might end up worse than EA, which SecuRom really harmed a lot. It's quite amazing that Ubisoft is running into this (death-)trap with open eyes. I mean, which benefits does this DRM really bring? As if pirates would be unable to crack their games now...
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
hey,my net speed is 12-18KB/s.So let play "fuckassin's creed 2" on PC and we can gameover it for 8-9 month,can we?

Anyway,If I were a hacker,I could toast damn ubisoft.
I wonder if they actually do it to test the market. A "new" DRM sure does sound new and fancy, so pirates who don't know much about these stuff might think it is "uncrackable" and buy the game. I think they have expected complains and such, but in the end, what reflects the result is the number of sales though I don't think it will make any significant difference.

Seriously, without some extra stuff one can play through using the online server, an online single player game is gonna fail really hard.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(02-24-2010, 01:35 AM)CKL Wrote: without some extra stuff one can play through using the online server, an online single player game is gonna fail really hard.

I dont care about ubisoft server.Here,more than 5000 students are connected
through a LAN.And this is also why my 360 doesnt care MS.With these behavior of ubisoft,we just do a game and play.
(02-24-2010, 01:35 AM)CKL Wrote: Seriously, without some extra stuff one can play through using the online server, an online single player game is gonna fail really hard.

I agree. All the "additions" they have mentioned so far are things that everyone and their dog has already been able to do faster and easier than Ubisoft will ever do.

From their own FAQ:
Quote:Is there an "off-line" option?
No. The added services to the game (unlimited installs, online storage of saved games and the fact that you don’t need the game disc to play) require you to have an online connection while playing the game.

Unlimited installs? Don't need a game disc? Oh joy! I'll never be able to get such treasured features in the pirated versi-- FUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't support copyright infringement, but I'm having a very hard time feeling sorry for Ubisoft. It's one thing to have your product pirated because people are cheap, but it's something very different to have your product pirated because the pirated version is better than the retail.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(02-23-2010, 01:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...fail. This gives pirates THAT much more reason to crack the game even faster than usual, having the opposite effect they would expect.

Fail + over 9000

What we can't play Single player games offline anymore? What has our world come too? Who suggested this idea at ubisoft? Its the most idiotic idea i have every seen. What if someone DDOS's there server? Are we meant to suffer us losing save files cause of there stupid way of making a DRM?

Inb4MassWarezDownload