"Assertion Failed" <--- What on earth is this ?
I am currently playing Socom: Combined Assault, I have been playing this game on Pcsx2 for a total of +30 hours with very minimal problems. Usually runs between 40-60fps at 3x native resolution. Glitches are minor and scarce.

However, just now while playing the quoted error message below popped up and forced me to shut down Pcsx2.
I have never seen this message in any game I have played on the emulator, and I do not understand what the error is.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this ? Do you know what the cause is / how to remedy problem ?

---"..\..\x86\newVif_Dynarec.cpp(182) : assertion failed:
Function: VifUnpackSSE_Dynarec::ModUnpack
Thread: EE Core
Condition: false

[00] aligned_offset_malloc
[01] aligned_offset_realloc
[02] 0x01361548
[03] 0x013AA9B8
[04] 0x0136C705
[05] 0x012FB2C1
[06] 0x013322DA
[07] 0x01331005
[08] 0x013B4FDE
[09] 0x013FB7FA
[10] 0x0139FAA1
[11] 0x0139FA1B
[12] 0x0139F969
[13] pthread_setcanceltype
[14] endthreadex
[15] endthreadex
[16] BaseThreadInitThunk
[17] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[18] RtlInitializeExceptionChain "---

***EDIT*** I cannot proceed with the game until this problem is resolved. This error occurs upon beginning a particular mission called "Blindside." The error message pops up when the map is loading and gives me the option to close the program or "ignore" the error ,, however ignoring the error gives me a never ending black screen.
So,, I am stuck and any help would be appreciated !

Sponsored links

Which PCSX2 version are you using?

Try the latest GIT build from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/.

Also please post your PCSX2 settings.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
post the full emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The attached file is the full emu log.

The error is now occurring on all gameplay modes, I cannot play any function of the game after 30 hours of near flawless gameplay.

At the load screen of each map the error message pops up.

Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8122 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

EE/IOP Recompiler - Nearest Round mode Extra Clamping mode
VUs MicroVU - Nearest Rounding - Extra clamping

Speedhacks and game fixes included as downloadable files
Does this help ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   log.txt (Size: 8,98 KB / Downloads: 368)
Revert to the original settings of the emulator and DO NOT use game specific hacks or settings UNLESS that game REQUIRES them to work. You turning them all on like that is just asking for trouble, and i think might be the cause of your games not working.
disable all the speedhacks except the recommended ones and uncheck all the gamefixes and enable automatic game fixes and try again.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah that's definitely caused by turning on all those hacks lol. I'm almost positive it's gonna work fine without them.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Ugh, why do people insist on following that guide. That's the worst pcsx2 guide on youtube. Enabling all of those gamefixes will easily break games
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-11-2015, 12:10 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Ugh, why do people insist on following that guide. That's the worst pcsx2 guide on youtube. Enabling all of those gamefixes will easily break games

That is like ask why people dont read the stickys or rules around here. There lazy and rather be punish when they do something that plainly stated in the rules?

simply asnwer people to lazy to read things let alone dates
Well let me be clear about something, I first followed a few configuration guides here on the pcsx2 forum and they resulted in terrible emulation of Socom. I am talking about 15-30fps at native resolution, unplayable amounts of SPS and indecipherable audio quality.

It was only after a few attempts at following guides I found here on the forum that I resorted to the youtube guide, and the youtube guide has given me 25+ hours of 60fps gameplay.

Why has the game suddenly begun to display errors after nearly thirty hours of flawless play ? Do you believe that the speed hacks and game fixes are to be blamed ?

Am I understanding correctly that I should reset to the default settings and go from there ?