Assertion Failure - PCSX2 (0.9.9) r-5139
Hi every one Smile
I am new user to PCSX2, this program that I like a lot, as it can continue to play its games has favorites ps2 on pc. I finally found a problem, and that I can not understand to solve it. This is Gran Turismo 4, which exams are allowed inaccessiblent was because of a problem "Assert Failure", everything goes normally until the main menu home, but I go to section enabled, the dialog box appears, and I watch you with this screenshot of the error message. I have already seen a similar thread, but unfortunately no solution. Can some help please?
Thank you Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Does this happen with any other builds? Try remaking the ISO from the Disk.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-02-2012, 06:04 PM)recoder Wrote: Does this happen with any other builds? Try remaking the ISO from the Disk.

Yes, I had the same problem with "Tourist Trophy" game (from POLYPHONY DIGITAL too), and that the same problem also playing directly from the original DVD, and this DVD have no problem and fully functional on the ps2. I already try version 0.9.7, and 0.9.8, it's the same ! Huh
(thank you for help) please.
N one to help or answer me? there's already had a similar case, and the person has never had an answer to his problem, as if it was a case unknown and unmanageable ... Thank you anyway
I'm not sure spamming will help you...
guess what ? this is a forum, not a chatroom

better list your pcsx2 config, plugins settings, pc specs..
tried software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've tested all setting,no issues Sad for (EE) & (VU) are on défault,no speedhack actived,and i 've teste software mode to,it's the same Sad I use Gsdx (10 Hardware) SSE4.1,lilypad for controler,and linuz for the ISO,because it's the fastest config for me,and i want to add,it's not for all cases (in the Gran Turismo 4 game,there's a section to pass exams for having licenses,some test work fine,but other no) why ??? (you tel my pc specs?? it mentionned on my profil Smile . I've Core 2 Duo E7600 (whit sse4.1), Geforce G 210 (1Go DDR 3) and Kingston KVR1333 PC 10600 4G,whit win 7 Pro 32bit. Thank you
Segmentation fault / assertation failure occurs because the emulator runs out of 32bit address memory to allocate.

This game easily consumes 3-3.5GB of virtual memory due to a bug in GSDX(atleast thats what i was told) so you must patch the PCSX2 executable to support large addressing.

I'd like to see this supported in the official builds and svn's but it would require frequent testing to make sure new changes don't break something because of it.
(04-03-2012, 02:17 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Segmentation fault / assertation failure occurs because the emulator runs out of 32bit address memory to allocate.

This game easily consumes 3-3.5GB of virtual memory due to a bug in GSDX(atleast thats what i was told) so you must patch the PCSX2 executable to support large addressing.

I'd like to see this supported in the official builds and svn's but it would require frequent testing to make sure new changes don't break something because of it.

Hello and thank you for the answers found, I just do what you have asked me (4G pcsx2.exe patched), but nothing has changed, I also increase the paging file to 4096 MB, and it's the same Sad. I specify again that the problem arises only for some tests of licenses to pass precisely (gran turismo 4, if you know the game), for others tests it works. (this same phenomenon occurs with the game Tourist Trophy!) what can i do please?.. thank you again
Quote:win 7 Pro 32bit

This is why. unfortunately large addressing has no affect on 32bit without changing the boot configuration to allow 3GB of user address space.
Fawzi you could use a kernal patch to allow 32bit OS to break the 3GB RAM barrier. I've been using it for almost 2 years and haven't BSOD or anything. Just google "windows 7 32bit pae patch" and i hope you find a good one. Also i recommend the use of 0.9.8 if the svn keeps giving you trouble.

http://i.imgur.com/uvij4.png
3770K 4GHz OC [AVX-Direct3D11-HW-2xNative]
Geforce 770 2GB GDDR5 | 4GB DDR3-1333MHz | W10 LTS x64 1809