Assign "Fast Forward" (Tab) to a Gamepad Key
Here's how I assign the "TAB" Fast Forward Key to R3 (because it's unused by most of the games), but it's easy to change that.

Because PCSX2 doesn't have any option to assign it to a controller button, I use AutoHotKey and the following script:

Code:
#IfWinActive GSdx ahk_class wxWindowNR
Joy10::
Send, {Tab down}
KeyWait Joy10
Send, {Tab up}
return

Just paste this behind any other code you may have in your main AutoHotKey config. I have added many other games over the time.
It will only get activated "GSdx ahk_class wxWindowNR" is active (this is PCSX2). I use a Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510 (hybrid, Direct- and XInput via a switch). So it can be, that "Joy10" (R3) is something else for you. Check your gamepad this with this script: http://ahkscript.org/docs/scripts/JoystickTest.htm
With it you can easily find out any button number for your gamepad. And use the build-in "Window Spy" script to find out the name for "#IfWinActive ..."

AutoHotKey is very nice, equal which EXE you might run. You want to use a gamepad for Word? No problem, it works for just anything. Or map a keyboard to a gamepad, or a gampad to a mouse or anything else. It's getting complicated if you want some weird things, but there are many helpful examples on the site of AHK.

Anyway, this is my way to implement a workaround for Fast Forward. I press is once to activate and again to deactivate.

#IfWinActive GSdx ahk_class wxWindowNR //window of the app, find with build-in window spy
Joy10:: //button on your primary device, the one you really using
Send, {Tab down} //which button to emulate, here in "pressing down Tab" action
KeyWait Joy10 //wait till you release the Joy10 button
Send, {Tab up} //emulate releasing the keyboard button
return //enables unlimited usage

AutoHotKey can do much more in ways of automation etc., but I only use it for small things like rebinding a button to a gamepad or combine two to one.
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance

Sponsored links

Btw
1.ahk_class wxWindowNR - all 3 windows(the main window,the console and the game window)share this class name.You can use "GSdx ahk_class wxWindowNR" to make sure the tab key is only sended while a game is running and the game window is the active window
2.Without adding ~ infront of the hotkey will not allow the normal function to work(if you configure this key)
3.LilyPad have a toggle turbo mode function but it's toggle,not active while holding the button

I use L2 for "Fast Forward"
Yeah thanks, I will add "GSdx" to the script, should be better. =)

Where do I find the setting in LilyPad, I think there's only the option for L3 (L3 Toggles Turbo). I'm using the latest version of LilyPad (LilyPad-0.11.0-20150827).

L2 or R2 aren't that easy for me, because I only can use Z100 (L2) or Z000 (R2), which can't be implemented into the script easily (not with "Z000::").
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance