At Menu, now what?
Hey everyone. I'm very new to ps2 emulation...and have no idea what I'm doing.

This is probably a stupid question but is it possible to play a PS2 game disk (Kingdom Hearts) through the emulator...or do I need to download a rom or something? It gets to the ps2 main menu...at 13 fps >_< but I can't figure out how to start the game disk / or any other things.

Also...how do I run it and make everything less laggy. It's running on high priority and I have a good Ndivia Geforce card, dual AMD Turion 64s, vista home premium, 250gb of space and 4 gigs of ram.

Despite this...it lags. Why? And what can I do?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

You should first go and read the configuration guide.
Also make an ISO of your game disc and USE Linuzappz ISo plugin to read from the ISO.
If your CPU is slow like about 2.5GHz and lower you may not be able to run all games at full speed.
The new Beta version of pcsx2 allows for most 3D games to run fast but there might be Issues involved.
With an AMD cpu you can only use the SSE2 version of GSdx.
Use p.e.op.s sound plugin for sound.
And use Lilypad for gamepad.
You should be able to run it quite well from an iso.
I play kingdom hearts with an amd64 x2 full speed

Get the latest beta, the latest plugins, use gsdx sse2, configure your controls in lilypad, experiment with speedhacks.. oh and go to config>cpu and check everything on the left if you have dual core. Select Linuz ISO in config>configure for the cddvd plugin, then go to file run cd/dvd, and select your ripped iso

As cain said, it's better if you read the guide first though
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

(04-21-2009, 10:20 PM)redlof Wrote: Also make an ISO of your game disc and USE Linuzappz ISo plugin to read from the ISO.
If your CPU is slow like about 2.5GHz and lower you may not be able to run all games at full speed.
The new Beta version of pcsx2 allows for most 3D games to run fast but there might be Issues involved.

Thanks I got it to work somewhat...much better than before...but it still gets laggy. I'll try getting the beta to work later.

Also...does playing it off the disk hurt the computer and/or disk at all..like the laser?

How do I make an ISO if the game and will that run better / be easier on my computer's hardware?
_______________________________________________________________--

EDIT: Okay I made an ISO...but it's still very, very laggy at some parts. In Kingdom hearts...the only game I have working right now, it runs fine right up until the opening music/video stops...right before the player gains control for the first time...and then during that time. The music and game lag horribly.
(04-21-2009, 11:05 PM)winlinmac12 Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 10:20 PM)redlof Wrote: Also make an ISO of your game disc and USE Linuzappz ISo plugin to read from the ISO.

Thanks I got it to work somewhat...much better than before...but it still gets laggy. I'll try getting the beta to work later.

Also...does playing it off the disk hurt the computer and/or disk at all..like the laser?

How do I make an ISO if the game and will that run better / be easier on my computer's hardware?

EDIT: Okay I made an ISO...but it's still very, very laggy at some parts. In Kingdom hearts...the only game I have working right now, it runs fine right up until the opening music/video stops...right before the player gains control for the first time...and then during that time. The music and game lag horribly.

You have turion 64, so what do you expect?
(04-22-2009, 12:54 AM)Cain Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 11:05 PM)winlinmac12 Wrote:

You have turion 64, so what do you expect?

What...is turion 64 bad? I happen to like my computer thank you. :-p