Audio Lag with 60fps, EE 50%, and GS 50%.
I'm currently getting a lot of audio lag, it lasts for about 2-5 seconds and probably happens every 2-5 minutes. As stated in the title PCSX2 is running at 55-60 fps consistently with the EE and GU running at around 50%. It happens with every Interpolation setting. I'm currently using TimeStretch and XAudio 2 with a Latency setting of 200 ms (I've tried setting it lower), I have effects processing disabled, and I'm also using the Surround 5.1 setting.

I do not have a dedicated audio card, I'm using the ABIT IP35 Pro's built in audio. I came here to look for a cheap solution, so buying an audio card is out of the question for now.

Sponsored links

What are your specs and what are you trying to play? games need to run 60 FPS for NTSC and 50 for PAL running slower then those speed can and will cause the audio to get slow and till will get worse the lower the fps gets.

Turn off audio expansion mode and see if it stops.
Forgot to mention that it's happened with almost all the games I've tried, but I don't think it happened with Monster Rancher 4. The game I'm currently trying to play is Final Fantasy XII and pretty much everything I play is North American.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
ABIT IP35 Pro
4Gb Ram
64-Bit Win 7
I understand that the sound files are part of the iso's/disk's thus are tied to the overall speed of the game, but this seems to happen regardless of fps.
tried without speedhacks ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Switched to stereo, with no improvement. No speedhacks seems to be working, most of the big hang ups are gone, I don't understand PCSX2, at first the speedhacks were what got the game running smooth in the first place, now it seems to run fine without them. Well, regardless, a thanks is in order, your help is much appreciated, jesalvein.
Try async mode (:
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
(02-17-2014, 11:42 AM)Thoughtless Wrote: Switched to stereo, with no improvement. No speedhacks seems to be working, most of the big hang ups are gone, I don't understand PCSX2, at first the speedhacks were what got the game running smooth in the first place, now it seems to run fine without them. Well, regardless, a thanks is in order, your help is much appreciated, jesalvein.

The problem is raw power to emulate the game correctly. Speedhacks try to help at cost of precision and accuracy. Excesses lead to synchronization losses and then to reported issues.

That means you are at the point where you need to find the best compromise between the raw power lacking which translates by general slowness and speedhacks which might translate for syncing issues.

Sorry to say but if an acceptable compromise isn't achieved with your rig you may find necessary upgrading the machine to be able to play the emulation.
Imagination is where we are truly real