Audio lag/delay - consistent
Actually, I had to install the AMD audio driver to test it, because I normally don't even install it. (I don't install the GPU transcoder kit and such either. I only use the PC for games, so I install as little as possible. I especially, emphatically never install any codec packs, since some of them mess up older games.)

The sound is directly from my sound card to an audio switch to my speakers, but I also tried a set of headphones plugged right into the card. Same deal. (If I was getting the sound -before- the graphic that matches it, I'd think the problem was my monitor delaying things, but it's the other way around.)

I don't have the issue with other emulators, for what it's worth, but they all work so differently you can't really compare them.

As for 'buy a better CPU', I'm not even hitting 60% on any individual core running the games I run. I suppose memory bandwidth might be an issue - is DDR2 not fast enough? - but if raw clock was the problem I'd think my meter would be pegged.

(And as a practical matter, a better CPU would mean a new motherboard and new RAM. I'd like to, but it ain't happening right now.)

Ahwell. Looks like it's something I can't fix with PCSX2 configuration. (For what it's worth, I didn't have this sound problem in 0.9.whatever builds, but the games I want to play ran way too slow.)

If anyone has any ideas of things I could poke, smack, or give a swift kick to in Windows that might help, I'm all ears.

Sponsored links