Audio problems on Silent Hill Origins?
I am trying to play Silent Hill Origins, and the audio is messed up. I can't quite tell what's wrong with it, but it seems kind of echo-y and there are often repeats. The game is running at the full frame rate and I should have sufficient CPU to emulate the game. (I have a Core i7-4770R, which is Quad Core 3.2 GHz)

I tried changing the audio output (XAudio, DirectSound) and adjusting the delay, but it didn't fix the audio.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored links

You play the game with the original disc or a backup image (iso) from your Hard Disk? And the spec or your pc?(RAM, GPU etc.) The CPU is good enough.... i think the problem was only a mistake in configuration.... You can also try to disable effect,change configuration from (4)Ps2-like to (1) linear...
I'm playing with an iso off of my hard disk. I have 8 GB of DDR3L RAM (2x 4 GB), and the i7-4770R uses the Intel Iris Pro 5200, which isn't amazing, but is fairly capable.

To make sure it wasn't just that system, I tried it on another system with higher specs: i7-2600K overclocked to 4.2 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, and Geforce GTX 550, and it had a similar problem.

Disabling effects and switching to linear didn't have any effect.

Here's an example MP3 you can download of the audio issue

Thanks for your help! Smile

Update: The audio seems to only have an issue on the PAL version of the game. This is a bit embarrassing! I was lazy and didn't bother to rip my US iso and instead found one off the internet, which I guess turned out to be PAL. The NTSC version of the game seems to work just fine...
(04-03-2014, 05:30 PM)GenericHandle Wrote: The audio seems to only have an issue on the PAL version of the game. This is a bit embarrassing! I was lazy and didn't bother to rip my US iso and instead found one off the internet, which I guess turned out to be PAL. The NTSC version of the game seems to work just fine...

Can you post the emulog.txt of PAL version? (dir pcsx2\logs) I can help you finding the real problem....For me is a bad iso rip (i think) Smile
(04-03-2014, 05:30 PM)GenericHandle Wrote: I was lazy and didn't bother to rip my US iso and instead found one off the internet, which I guess turned out to be PAL.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD