"Aura for Laura" Demoscene
Question 
The demo's .ELF and its source code can be found at:
http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=10435

This is VERY broken under PCSX2. I assume this is because PCSX2 doesn't implement some MIPS instructions that are required, but maybe someone could confirm this from the souce code?

With the default set of options, the first scene plays, albeit with missing 2d graphics, effects and geometry. After this, it appears to go into a loop with only a background on screen and the same short audio clip playing over and over.

I have captured a video of the demo from load until this loop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVSHDKW4CA

Compare this to how it should be playing: http://capped.tv/playeralt.php?vid=soopa...for_laura0

Now I have real hardware that I can watch this on, but if it's at all possible I would love to be able to use PCSX2 to make a HD capture of it because it would really benefit from it. If the problem is that some instructions it uses aren't implemented though then I guess there's no workaround.

Sponsored links

well the error is even reported its :
MyAssertion failed: next2<maxlev2 fileTongue2ixel.cpp , function:addpixel , line:152

L.E: Well it doesn't hang in GSDX software mode Smile) i didn't know that gsdx could make games/demos hang XD
Also this demo is a very good benchmark of the emulated PS2 hardware and computer.
Maybe the devs can use this to make gsdx better or something Smile
That is a cool demo, but it should come with a seizure warning! Blink
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
(10-15-2010, 12:42 AM)andutrache Wrote: well the error is even reported its :
MyAssertion failed: next2<maxlev2 fileTongue2ixel.cpp , function:addpixel , line:152

L.E: Well it doesn't hang in GSDX software mode Smile) i didn't know that gsdx could make games hang XD

Right you are, but it's still missing a fair few effects (and geometry on the spiky things) compared to the captured video. It's also horrendously slow in parts, but that could be partially fixed by compiling a custom EE and GSdx I guess.
(10-15-2010, 12:55 AM)YukiS Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 12:42 AM)andutrache Wrote: well the error is even reported its :

L.E: Well it doesn't hang in GSDX software mode Smile) i didn't know that gsdx could make games hang XD

Right you are, but it's still missing a fair few effects (and geometry on the spiky things) compared to the captured video. It's also horrendously slow in parts, but that could be partially fixed by compiling a custom EE and GSdx I guess.

yeah some effects and textures are missing even on software mode but compiling a custom EE or custom GSDX is hard work.
Also the fact that is slow is not a bug it really needs more powerful hardware (i have my GS at 80% on some scenes but also 95-99% EE on others).

As i have said this could be a chance to iron some bugs in the emu but it will not be easy(it never is).
Yeah, we know what breaks A4L (yep, we have a name for it Tongue2 ).
The GS depth buffer downloads don't work in hardware plugins currently.
That's also what causes the sun to be visible through objects in many games.
Also breaks the ghosts photographing in Fatal Frame.

Pseudonym has an idea how to fix it. We'll have to wait until he has the time to do so.
man just watched it in software mode at 50fps, not bad looking at all