[BEG FOR HELP]Can't use my PS3 controller to play PCSX2......
Dear everyone,

I'm suffering a problem about using PS3 controller in PCSX2
Maybe my story is long, I'll try to make it short.

Long times ago, I was using Motioninjoy to play PCSX2 (Ver. 0.9.8)
However, for some reason, I have to format my computer, so I copied the whole PCSX2 Folder to backup harddisk.
Now my computer is back to normal, and I try to recover my PCSX2 from the backup harddisk.
I installed Motioninjoy, plugged the controller, loaded the driver,vibration test and enabled, there no problem about Motioninjoy and the controller. (See 1st attachment)
However, the PCSX2 says the pad is [DETACHED]!!!!!! The whole .lily binding is [DETACHED] too!!!!!! (See 2nd attachment)
Is there any problems running PCSX2? No. Games run normally. Because I am using previous setting, but only the pads cannot work!!!!! (See 3rd attachment)

I Googled many keywords and methods for days and nights but still yet to find an answer!! I am completely DESPERATE!!
PLEASE HELP ME!
My English & Computering is not very good, so please teach me what I should do STEP BY STEP.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM BEGGING HELPS FROM EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

PCSX2 v0.9.8 is outdated and not supported anymore. Please update to v1.4.0: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html

And try ScpServer for PS3 controller http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolki...r-Reloaded
MotioninJoy has been known to cause issues, and has been linked to malware.
(05-08-2016, 04:14 PM)FlatOut Wrote: PCSX2 v0.9.8 is outdated and not supported anymore. Please update to v1.4.0: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windows.html

And try ScpServer for PS3 controller http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolki...r-Reloaded
MotioninJoy has been known to cause issues, and has been linked to malware.

Oh, does it mean Motioninjoy is no longer function?
OK, that means I have to use Scpserver? Is it easy to use?
How could I connect that Scpserver to PCSX2?
(05-09-2016, 05:36 PM)Wingman Wrote: Oh, does it mean Motioninjoy is no longer function?
it works, but it's bloatware
Quote:OK, that means I have to use Scpserver? Is it easy to use?
How could I connect that Scpserver to PCSX2?
you don't "connect scpserver to pcsx2". It's a wrapper that makes your PC think you connected an X360 controller instead of your DS3/DS4 pad
thus, it's seen as an X360 controller by your PC, and consequently, by pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OK, I installed Scpserver and it reads my PS3 Contorller

BUT

I found my computer can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
The installation itself will stuck at somewhere says "Processing: Windows7_MSU_x64"
Thus I can't start the PCSX2 1.4.0

Is there any older version of PCSX2 that NO NEED to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and supports Scrserver?
I can only see 1.4.0 can be downloaded at PCSX2 website
OR is there any method to let my PCSX2 0.9.8 to read my Scpserver-installed PS3 controller?

And I don't even know what next to do after installed Scrserver
did you install win7 sp1 ?
about what to do/how it works : read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
we don't provide support for 0.9.8 or older version than 1.4.0

moving this to off topic section, btw
(05-10-2016, 06:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: did you install win7 sp1 ?
about what to do/how it works : read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
we don't provide support for 0.9.8 or older version than 1.4.0

moving this to off topic section, btw

Haha, I just installed the Visual C++
I don't know why I could install this time Laugh

No matter, now I can run PCSX2 and run some games
The only problem left is to activate the controller in PCSX2

For that url you gave me, .........I don't really understand...... Wacko
As I installed the Scrserver successfully and installed the driver for the controller, I don't understand what's that topic talking about.
It just teach me how to install the Scrserver, but didn't teach me how to connect Scrserver to PCSX2.

Maybe I missed something, but I'll feel headache if I saw so many words in the topic, and as English is not my first language....... Sad
(05-10-2016, 11:42 AM)Wingman Wrote: Haha, I just installed the Visual C++
I don't know why I could install this time Laugh

No matter, now I can run PCSX2 and run some games
The only problem left is to activate the controller in PCSX2

For that url you gave me, .........I don't really understand...... Wacko
As I installed the Scrserver successfully and installed the driver for the controller, I don't understand what's that topic talking about.
It just teach me how to install the Scrserver, but didn't teach me how to connect Scrserver to PCSX2.

Maybe I missed something, but I'll feel headache if I saw so many words in the topic, and as English is not my first language....... Sad

if your controller is detected as an X360 controller in windows gaming devices, then just bind pcsx2 controls to this x360 controller, like you would do if you had a real x360 controller
(05-10-2016, 11:51 AM)jesalvein Wrote: if your controller is detected as an X360 controller in windows gaming devices, then just bind pcsx2 controls to this x360 controller, like you would do if you had a real x360 controller

Wow!!! Now it's work!!!!
It's unbelievable, thank you very much jesalvein!! Biggrin Biggrin
Ah, one problem found.
Sometimes when I press the direction key (not "mushrooms"), it will automatically press the buttons (square, cross, circle, triangle) at the right side without really pressed it.
Is it fixable? how to deal with it?