BGDAII less than 20fps
I tried running Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 and Dark cloud 2 both giving me less than 30 fps during gameplay, with BGDA giving me less than 20. I tried different plugins, changing to software mode, using both DX9 and DX11, and even some speedhacks but nothing seems to be helping.

Its a laptop and the specs are:
Windows 8.1 64-bit
AMD APU A10-5750 2.5/3.5Ghz with AMD Radeon HD 8560G
8GB RAM DDR3-1600

Also, this thread is what gave me the idea to try and I don't see how my specs could be any worse than that.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Baldur-s-...US-20675-U

Sponsored links

Your specs are significantly worse that that. That CPU is pretty weak for PCSX2. Especially a demanding game like BGDA is not gonna run well on that. Sorry.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Uhh, it's better because it's a desktop i5 with a much better single threaded performance
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Really? Okay, that answers that. Thanks.
I don't even get full speed in BGDA and I have an i5 3570k
Those Snowblind games aren't emulated too well last I checked, and as such they are incredibly difficult to get good speeds on. Even people with modern Intel chips have slowdowns from time to time.
I figured between the max clockspeed of my processor and the multithread speed hack I would at least be able to get decent speeds out of it, maybe 40-50 fps. But apparently not.
(07-08-2014, 05:18 PM)blackinsomnia Wrote: I figured between the max clockspeed of my processor and the multithread speed hack I would at least be able to get decent speeds out of it, maybe 40-50 fps. But apparently not.
clock speeds don't mean much. My cpu has a higher single threaded performance than a FX chip until it's overclocked to about 5ghz
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-08-2014, 05:28 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: clock speeds don't mean much. My cpu has a higher single threaded performance than a FX chip until it's overclocked to about 5ghz

Yeah, that's something I'm noticing about most Intel chips. Does AMD have better multi threaded performance or is Intel just better all around? And does the multi thread speed hack do much to help with the lack of single threaded performance?
The MTVU speedhack can work wonders for some games, provide only marginal gains for others, and in the worst case scenario break games altogether.

When it comes to AMD and Intel processors, currently Intel has much stronger single-thread performance per core, which is more important than outright multi-thread grunt. AMD processors can hold their own in multi-threaded scenarios, but PCSX2 and other emus benefit the most from pure x86 integer throughput, which is where Intel shines at with their mature refined uArch.