BLACK SCREEN- Red Faction
OK,Now forget all said to you,i test myself Red Faction With this Pcsx2 1.3 version
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86
And all is perfect,even the rockect launcher,Fusion Rocket Launcher , and the others weapons and YES,i have sure of this.
Download Pcsx2 1.3 and check.
This is the last version until this exactly moment.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86
I tested if SVN 5873,and run perfect for me.
Problem resolved,no bugs,no errors,perfect game.

And use the standard settings,change nothing for you have sure,okey.

Sponsored links

After checked you have to say here the results,okey.Wink
(02-03-2014, 04:31 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: After checked you have to say here the results,okey.Wink

The 1.3 update did not help, however ZERO GS has solved the black screen/textures issue utterly. Thank you for all your help! Yay!
(02-03-2014, 04:31 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: After checked you have to say here the results,okey.Wink

Ah but Zero GS won't let me widescreen 1920x1080. It's having its own awful problems. Man this is turning out to be awful tedious. The 1.2 nor the 1.3 updates did not help, but Zero GS got rid of the black screen bug, so it is a rendering issue on GSDX's side and not a problem on my end. How do I get Zero GS to both go fullscreen and widescreen (16:9), it just refuses to save my settings.
Hmm, Im not experiencing this problem. Im running V1.0 (I think Rolleyes ) and the game is PAL running off from the DVD disc.

the screenshot I have attached is from MP though so I dont know if that matters. Only problem I have experienced so far is that the menu tends to crash PCSX2 after a while if you dont start a game quickly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(02-04-2014, 12:37 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Hmm, Im not experiencing this problem. Im running V1.0 (I think Rolleyes ) and the game is PAL running off from the DVD disc.

the screenshot I have attached is from MP though so I dont know if that matters. Only problem I have experienced so far is that the menu tends to crash PCSX2 after a while if you dont start a game quickly.
This thread is for me, since I had the black screen issue that was solved partially by Zero GS plugin (switched from GSDX10).
(02-04-2014, 12:41 AM)Wolf-359 Wrote: This thread is for me, since I had the black screen issue that was solved partially by Zero GS plugin (switched from GSDX10).

Yeah, but Im comparing your situation to my situation (you = problems, me = none)

The point is, Im not using the zero GS plugin, I think the zero GS plugin is some sort of debug plugin or something so its not really a solution to your problem.
(02-04-2014, 01:06 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Yeah, but Im comparing your situation to my situation (you = problems, me = none)

The point is, Im not using the zero GS plugin, I think the zero GS plugin is some sort of debug plugin or something so its not really a solution to your problem.

That would explain my ZERO GS solved my black screen, but caused about 10 other problems. CAN ANYONE FIX THIS? This game is too amazing to let side xD

And thanks everyone for all your help.
(02-04-2014, 01:08 AM)Wolf-359 Wrote: That would explain my ZERO GS solved my black screen, but caused about 10 other problems. CAN ANYONE FIX THIS? This game is too amazing to let side xD

And thanks everyone for all your help.

So is your game PAL or NTSC ? it doesnt usually make a big difference but some PAL/NTSC games tend to not work even though their counterpart does.

Just checked the compatibility list and both should work though. Its not usually recommended but could you try the older version, 1.0.0 ?

Ps. holy cow, just saw from the compatibility list that RF2 has become playable on the emulator ? gotta try it soon.
(02-04-2014, 01:30 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: So is your game PAL or NTSC ? it doesnt usually make a big difference but some PAL/NTSC games tend to not work even though their counterpart does.

Just checked the compatibility list and both should work though. Its not usually recommended but could you try the older version, 1.0.0 ?

Ps. holy cow, just saw from the compatibility list that RF2 has become playable on the emulator ? gotta try it soon.

Yeah Red faction does not work either on 1.0. It works much less in fact, and still has the black screen bug, so apparently this bug goes back a long way. I am using NTSC.