[BUG REPORT] Bios Error? [NTSC]
Well, I just got the emulator and I put Need For Speed Underground into the drive. But as soon as I click File>Run CD/DVD, it gives me this error:
Quote:The specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcsx2 to run.

File not found
Filename: bios
I get the same error if I click Run>Execute. I got the plug-in it said to install on the home page, so I don't think it's related to that.

EDIT: I see now that under configure there's a Bios pull-down menu, but it's completely blank. Also, if I try to set the Bios Directory, it does nothing and gives me a plug-in load error
Quote:Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>
I checked the files and ZeroGS.dll is there.

Sponsored links

Well, basically, you need to playstation 2 bios to run this emu. If you don't have a PS2 already you cannot go download it from the internet, or you'll go to hell after you die.
Thanks so much! I was able to convince my brother (who has our PS2 up at college) to copy off the PS2 bios. Now it runs, but my computer can't handle the speed! Tongue
Read the Configuration Guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

Dumping a bios from a PS2 that you own (not borrowed!) is the only legal way to use Pcsx2, and thus the only thing we provide support for here. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Do we care? Not so much. Emulation is a thankless and non-profit task that we do because it's fun and mentally challenging, and by chance the emulator is workable and useful for enough people that we do public releases. But it doesn't mean it's necessarily convenient to use. It just means that it is usable, given enough time, dedication, technical know how, and perhaps boredom. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team