[BUG REPORT] Dragon Quest 8 [PAL]
Thanks for the advice Pedro but I did manage to find a work around after I posted. Would have said so earlier but I was having too much fun playing the game Wink In this thread on a different forums someone suggested using GSdx in DirectX 9 Hardware mode at native Res with none of the options checked. I tried that and it worked surprisingly well! Graphics were a little downgraded but nothing like trying to run in software mode or with ZeroGS, and most importantly the small, followable shadow was visible Smile

Sponsored links

Asking status report. Are there still problems in this game with the latest beta? If so, how? (Complete configuration thanks)
For the sepia flashback bug, you can set gsdx to software mode or use zerogs, both of which are slow and glitchy. Or you can just watch the scenes on youtube:
Alistair flashback
Angelo flashback

That's as far as I've gotten. If there are more, that Youtube playlist probably has them.
When i run in software mode it runs so slow its unplayable

isnt there a workaround to the sepia i like these flashback cutscenes and i dont want to watch on youtube as quality sucks.

thanks

chibievil
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. i have a problem with this game (PAL version). i get flashes during loading and sometimes walking around of a previous action. also the rugs on the floor disappear as a walk on em, objects clip through walls sometimes too.

beta r1884: cpu: EERec, VU0, VU1, microVU0, microVU1, Multi threaded GS mode, frame limit auto, skip frames slower than 45
speed hacks: x1.5 cycle, INTC, IOP 2x, IDLE LOOP, Status flag, vu cycle stealing first notch
advanced:EE; round mode chop/zero, clamp mode extra+ preserve sign, flush to zero, denormals are zero, VU; round mode chop/zero, clamp mode extra+preserve sign, flush to zero and denormals are zero.
GSDX9 r1832: blend bff, aspect 4:3, ded internal 1600x1024, texture filtering grey, logZ, allow 8 bit, alpha correction, windowed.

system is AMD 955 BE 3.2ghz, 2ghz ram, 260gtx 864mb, windows xp

just wondering how to stop the clipping issue and the random flashes
cheers
try disabling cycle stealing, 8 bit and skip frames to see if it helps, after that try clamp to normal and disabling microVU, about the rugs disapearing you need software mode or dx10 hardware( i had the same problem in Rogue galaxy and Mana khemia, and there no real Dx10 to XP you need either Vista or 7).
If you are not using Linuz Iso with Iso, then try that too ( and you don't need to mount in other programs).
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
tried that and its still there your suggestions did reduce it but, and yes i use linuz iso with an iso unmounted
try disabling the rest of the speedhacks to see if it fixes and if it does try activate one by one without the others, to see those that you can use with this game.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Looks like all issues are GSdx related. Also outdated info, see http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10935.html for current status.
Closed
[Image: newsig.jpg]