[BUG REPORT] Dragon Quest 8 [PAL]
PCSX2 0.9.6 r834
Speed Hacks: None
CPU: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS
Advanced: Set to default

Plugins:
GS: GSdx r834 0.1.14 SSE4.1 DX10 Hardware(Native)
SPU: SPU2-X 1.1.0

Description: The FMV when you meet Jessica in Alexandria Tower, looks like this:

Also sometimes when you try to load a state after closing Pcsx2 it returns into a black screen. The music still can be heard and you can even control the character, but the screen is black. This happens randomly. Sometimes it returns normal.

And when you try to change to software mode using F9 while ingame it always returns into a black screen:

Edit: I found out an interesting pattern. Whenever you load a state while in the memory card check screen or after it, the state returns alright with no problems. If you try to load the state before the memory card check screen it will return into the black screen I mentioned above.. This is the screen I'm talking about:

[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Sponsored links

One more bug, it's a known GSdx issue. The characters shadows are missing in hardware mode. Just leaving here for the record. Don't mind it.

BTW, there are other FMV scenes that behaves like the first one I posted, the screen gets all messed up. Maybe an IPU issue, not sure though. Then again there are some FMVs scenes that behaves correctly... Very weird !

Edit: The Godbird Empyrea shadow is missing too in Hardware mode.

There's a cave where you need to get a Venus Tear, and with GSdx (2 and 3) the emulator crashes when you enter. One of them (2 or 3) doesn't crash until you walk maybe 10 steps forward in the cave.

It doesn't crash with ZeroGS though, but there's tonnes of graphic bugs and alot of slowdown. It almost always crashes randomly in combat. (only once out of 10 have i managed to make it through a battle) It doesn't seem to be anything specific that causes this, since it happens even if you just idle.

Except for the graphic plugin I use the same as the one above. I'm only on a 2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo though.

Has anyone got past it with GSdx 4?
gsdx 2,3 and 4? wth are you talking about? if that should be versions then try gsdx thread in the plugins section XD
btw gsdx is up to 0.1.14
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(03-31-2009, 12:50 PM)kabooz Wrote: gsdx 2,3 and 4? wth are you talking about? if that should be versions then try gsdx thread in the plugins section XD
btw gsdx is up to 0.1.14

Yeah, sorry. with that i meant

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE3) 0.1.14
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14

EDIT: I got GSdx to not crash by disabling sound and turning on Software Acceleration.
Quote:There's a cave where you need to get a Venus Tear, and with GSdx (2 and 3) the emulator crashes when you enter. One of them (2 or 3) doesn't crash until you walk maybe 10 steps forward in the cave.

No, there isn't such a crash with the latest GSdx Svns.

Anyway reporting another problem. Very similar to a FFXII problem, sometimes the game give some hiccups, it's really fast, in a matter of seconds the fps drops to 30 and then go back to normal in a pretty faster manner. It gives the sensation that the game is stuttering.

Hmm. Some of those bugs (especially the FMV one) apeear also on the NTSC version of the game.
Though I haven't tested it on the latest releases.

PS: I never use native resolution settings on GsDX cause in my case it causes big slowdown in fps,
somethimes even 70-80%.
I just use Native Resolution to test the FMVs, just to make sure that the problem isn't being caused by higher resolutions. Wink Mainly I'm playing at 1024x768 D3D Internal res to always get full speed, since this game is very pushy on my video card.

(03-29-2009, 04:20 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Edit: The Godbird Empyrea shadow is missing too in Hardware mode.

I've been playing through the game and enjoying it thoroughly. Had the dreamy flashback graphical problem but either just waited it out or switched to a slower graphical setting/plugin that did show the cutscenes better.

But now, about 80% through the game I'm suddenly stuck because of the Godbird shadow problem. All I see in my normal playing mode (GSdx 890, SSSE3 in Direct3D 10 Hardware mode) is a elongated, rectangular shadow swaying back and forth that seems to cover almost half the island. Nothing that resembles a bird shadow. I've tried heading toward the hill overlooking the swamp and seeing if I can trigger the cut scene that reveals the portal to the dark side but without any luck. I guess because I'm not actually following the bird shadow that I can't see.

I tried switching to software modes and ZeroGS but in both of those I'm not even seeing any kind of shadow. Has anyone had any luck getting the distinct shadow to appear in any configuration? If not, how did you manage to progress to the next part of the game?
(04-25-2009, 04:31 PM)mosman Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 04:20 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Edit: The Godbird Empyrea shadow is missing too in Hardware mode.

I've been playing through the game and enjoying it thoroughly. Had the dreamy flashback graphical problem but either just waited it out or switched to a slower graphical setting/plugin that did show the cutscenes better.

But now, about 80% through the game I'm suddenly stuck because of the Godbird shadow problem. All I see in my normal playing mode (GSdx 890, SSSE3 in Direct3D 10 Hardware mode) is a elongated, rectangular shadow swaying back and forth that seems to cover almost half the island. Nothing that resembles a bird shadow. I've tried heading toward the hill overlooking the swamp and seeing if I can trigger the cut scene that reveals the portal to the dark side but without any luck. I guess because I'm not actually following the bird shadow that I can't see.

I tried switching to software modes and ZeroGS but in both of those I'm not even seeing any kind of shadow. Has anyone had any luck getting the distinct shadow to appear in any configuration? If not, how did you manage to progress to the next part of the game?

i think i can help you with that godbird Empyrrea shadow problem...I have CLEARED this game on PCSX2 0.9.6. about 1 month ago but i also wasn-t able to see shadows with GSdx. What i did was changing the graphic plugin to one of the ZeroGS (0.97.1 if i am not wrong). It was a pain in the .. because this plugin just removed about half the textures in the game and it dropped my FPS to about 20 or so...but i could see her shadow (not very well ...but it was enought for me to be able to follow it). Just make sure you use savestates during this process because you could just lost track of her shadow (because it really is hard to see her shadow sometimes) and you would have to restart it all over again. After you follow her and a cutscene appear...just change to your previous graphic plugin and VOYLA! you can just clear the rest of the game without any more major bugs.

Enjoy!
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850