- Playground version : all version till 0.9.6
- Cpu options : all combinaison
- Plugin : Gdsx 0.1.4 / PEOPS SPU2 1.9.0 / SSSPSXPAD 1.7.0 / linuz/pg iso cddvd 0.8.0 (same problem with lilypad, zerogs)
- The character is stuck when i go to another area, however the game isn t freezed, i can go in the menus, put pause, the music is still on, it s just the character that is stuck and cannot move. I got the same bug with another save and also in Tales of destiny remake(not director cut).
- To reproduce the bug : get the memcard : memcard, load the save0 (it s an ingame save without a savepoint so it ll work only one time) and move down until next area, then you re stuck.
- screen :
(03-08-2009, 02:27 PM)Nneeve Wrote: I was trying to fix this bug (character getting stuck at that point) correctly, but no go. It seems to be a problem with FPU's MUL instruction - it returns an incorrect result in some cases. The PS2's FPU MUL uses a (possibly modified) booth algorithm with wallace trees. Obviously, it discards some bits during some stages, causing inexact results. I've been able to replicate it a bit but not enough to get ToD past the point.
It can be hackfixed by substracting one from the mantissa (if it's not 0) after multiplication. Obviously this will break other things, possibly even within ToD.
edit : fixed. Check the appropriate gamefix, in the gamefixes section.