Bad Cutscene Graphics
(07-13-2011, 11:50 PM)ecchiless Wrote: about grandia, i play that game the last year and i dont remember any garbage or weird geometry in da game, ru using speed hacks?

Just wanted to add that I am not using any speed hacks.

Sponsored links

(07-14-2011, 12:41 AM)Ryukai Wrote: Jagged cutscene (Grandia 3)

That one is not a cutscene, it's a pre-rendered FMV, not much you can do about it, PCSX2 can't increase the quality on movies, they already look like that, if it was a normal rendered cutscene then maybe.

Grandia 3 has 2 types of pre-rendered movies thru the game, one of them is better quality like the first movie where the guy is doing the attempts to fly the plane, the other are prerendered movies yet using the ingame graphics (which are really low resolution in the PS2, perhaps they used this ones to render things that the PS2 couldn't do smoothly or for better movement precision ionno Tongue2)

Quote:Pre-rendered cutscene with weird flickering stuff (Grandia 3)

Sometimes FMVs get flickering, try without speedhacks and in software mode (press F9 while playing)

Quote:Blurry cutscene (Yakuza)

Again, not a cutscene but a pre-rendered FMV and it's being reproduced as it comes. The source video is simply low quality, can't do much about it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-14-2011, 05:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That one is not a cutscene, it's a pre-rendered FMV, not much you can do about it, PCSX2 can't increase the quality on movies, they already look like that, if it was a normal rendered cutscene then maybe.

Grandia 3 has 2 types of pre-rendered movies thru the game, one of them is better quality like the first movie where the guy is doing the attempts to fly the plane, the other are prerendered movies yet using the ingame graphics (which are really low resolution in the PS2, perhaps they used this ones to render things that the PS2 couldn't do smoothly or for better movement precision ionno Tongue2)

Sometimes FMVs get flickering, try without speedhacks and in software mode (press F9 while playing)

Again, not a cutscene but a pre-rendered FMV and it's being reproduced as it comes. The source video is simply low quality, can't do much about it.

Ah okay thanks for the help. Guess I'm kind of glad it's not anything I was doing wrong with the settings, and to be honest I've been playing Grandia 3 for about 5 hours now and I can definitely put up with it. Thanks to everyone who helped out.