Bad Framerate with FFXII - Need Solution!
Exclamation 
Hello!
I've just started using PCSX2. It's a wonderful thing, and currently I'm running the beta of 0.9.7. I wanted to play through Final Fantasy XII but I'm having a really nasty framerate problem. At some parts, it's playable and not too bad, but at most parts with more moving figures on the screen, the fps drops to around 25-40. Currently, my setup is:
    (ignore the skipdraw, I was fooling around with it to see what would happen, it should be at 0)

My specs are:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual-core Processor (2.1 GHz)
GPU: ATI All-In-Wonder HD (I can't really remember the rest of the details, that's just what it says in dxdiag)
RAM: 2gb DDR2

If there's any more information you need to help me, just ask and I'll do my best to supply it. I really hope I can get this problem solved.

Sponsored links

Your settings are ok, except for GSdx. You have scaler at x2 so it will ignore what you put in D3d internal res, you should set scaler to 1x for your 420x420 res to be used (although that value MAY crash the game as it is too low). If it doesn't work, just tick 'native' since your graphics card should be on par (very weak) with your processor. Other than that, not much you can do.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
What would be a better D3D resolution to use? And also, should I consider overclocking? I've thought about trying to overclock just a tad, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

EDIT: Thank you for the quick reply, by the way.
use native, or scale down to 384x384 (Known to work)

another question: how far into the game are you?
I've just beaten Firemane and got thrown into Nalbina Fortress. Why do you ask?
I know about the beginning still having some minor issues with framerate. you're far enough that that's not the case though.

try the iop hack and the TOP MVu hack, that should bring some speed to it as well
Alright. I will give those a try, thank you very much.
If anything else comes to you, please let me know. Thank you.
you're using almost the same settings I am, but I'm using a later SVN
If you don't mind me asking, what's an SVN?
Sub version. it's an alpha, more or less. I'm using revision 3588, I think.. it's gt one other speedhack but doesn't make much difference