Bad framerate in TimeSplitters 1 with newest dev build
Hi,

I'm using the latest dev build (nightly release) and it seems like TimeSplitters 1 is running very poorly. The FPS say "50" all the time, but the game feels like it runs on 25 or something. I tested it with an older dev build (also 1.7 but just older) and it runs fine. I also tested e.g. Ratchet and Clank with the newest nightly release and it runs fine with 50 FPS and also feels like 50 FPS.

Can someone test it and confirm? I use standard PCSX2 settings. Happens in Software and Hardware.

Best regards,
Raoul

Sponsored links

isn't timesplitters a 25 fps game ?
From what i know R&C series have a variable framerate, (and can up to 50 for pal)

So, what you see isn't surprising.
maybe you could look for a 50 fps patch for timesplitters, but i doubt it exists
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's a 50 FPS game and like I said in older PCSX2 versions it runs fine with 50 FPS, just on the newest version not anymore for some reason.
fps or vps ?
can you enable OSD and show what's displayed ?
(07-24-2023, 10:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: fps or vps ?
can you enable OSD and show what's displayed ?

I'm currently at work and can only remember there were two numbers and both showed "50". The first one was FPS and can't remember the second one, but maybe it was VPS? I will check in the evening

Even though it said "50 FPS" it still ran like 25
I found the fix yesterday...

"Enable Multithreaded VU1 (MTUV)" has to be UNCHECKED. It caused bad frametimes, even though the game was constantly running at 50 FPS and made it feel like 25 FPS due to the micro stutters the whole time.

I'm using an i9-12900k and RTX3080.
well, thanks... i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯