Bad performance on a good computer
(06-20-2012, 09:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Of course. And so what ?
did you at least try native res, software mode ?

Crysis is a PS2 game ? Since when ?
Don't come here looking for help if you don't accept what we have to say.

I suggest you simply stop using this emu and keep playing on your PS2 until you can get better hardware, since it seems to be a lot too complicated for you.

Nice dodge.

You only came here to troll / put down hardware and dodge the issue.

Explain how other user with GTX 590 has same problem.

Dont bother posting till you figured that one out.

Sponsored links

actually, we don't know if the OP got any help or not.
he just stopped responding at the time ref & bosit decided to enter the chat
oh, and BTW
Quote:I'm getting 30+ FPS with FRAPS checking. but the game is running like its slow motion.
it's normal.
games on a PS2 are designed to run @50fps (PAL) or 60fps[NTSC] to get full speed.
again, it's not like PC games.
did you try frameskip too ? this could help you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2012, 09:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, we don't know if the OP got any help or not.
he just stopped responding at the time ref & bosit decided to enter the chat
oh, and BTW
it's normal.
games on a PS2 are designed to run @50fps (PAL) or 60fps[NTSC] to get full speed.
again, it's not like PC games.
did you try frameskip too ? this could help you

Yes I've tried with every option and every variable that I could think of.

Do you think I'm an idiot?

Why would I upload and record a youtube video demonstrating the problem if I hadn't tried to fix the issue on my own?

Plus taking the effort to compile this thread.

Oh. and FYI.

This is the first problem I've ever encountered on any game in the entire life of this system.
So I wouldn't say this is just some newb coming on the forums to cry and get a simple fix.
does your GS% hit 100 when using native res too ?
Quote:This is the first problem I've ever encountered on any game in the entire life of this system.
by "system" you're talking about the PS2 emu, or your current rig ?
Hogwarts when something is showing 100% in the titlebar that means its utilizing 100% of that hardware (Check in Nvidia inspector at the GPU Load or MCU load and you can visually see that its being bottlenecked by that piece of hardware),

were not saying your pc is bad but some ps2 games just require massive resources the way the game was developed, a few examples are the crash series, zone of enders, SOTC, dropship ...etc even computers that far exceed your specs can get slowdowns or not full speed, remember pcsx2 has to emulate a completely different system including all its hardware (GPU, SPU, EE, VU, GIF..etc) then transform it into code a PC can understand so it's not the same as a pc game.
(06-20-2012, 09:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: does your GS% hit 100 when using native res too ?
by "system" you're talking about the PS2 emu, or your current rig ?

I dont play the game on native res.

I'm playing on the little tiny window that comes up when you start the EMU.

I'm talking about every emulator I've ever tried. Including Dreamcast + every PC game like

Fallout NV
Skyrim
Call of Duty MW3
Call of Duty 4
Lego HP years 5-7
Crysis
Lego HP years 1-4
Champions Online
Diablo III
Guild Wars 2

Never had any problems.

Actually I ripped one of my other Ps2 games. Road Trip USA and it's not having any issues at all.

Only Airblade shows this weird phenomenon and I'm going to assume the other games OP mentioned. in this thread.

I will check GS use soon. Let me start up the program.
Quote:I'm talking about every emulator I've ever tried. Including Dreamcast + every PC game like

Fallout NV
Skyrim
Call of Duty MW3
Call of Duty 4
Lego HP years 5-7
Crysis
Lego HP years 1-4
Champions Online
Diablo III
Guild Wars 2
again, don't compare native pc games, or other emu to pcsx2, this is completely stupid and unrelevant.
did you try to check/uncheck allow 8-bit textures ? or set skipdraw (in gsdx hacks) to 1 or 2 ?
(06-20-2012, 09:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: again, don't compare native pc games, or other emu to pcsx2, this is completely stupid and unrelevant.
did you try to check/uncheck allow 8-bit textures ? or set skipdraw (in gsdx hacks) to 1 or 2 ?

GS never goes above 70
usually is at 50.

So you were saying 100% means GPU?

Or other poster was?

I'll try both those suggestions now.
btw when we say set native mode check the little checkbox in the gsdx config (were are not talking about window size) Smile

(06-20-2012, 09:35 AM)hyakki Wrote: btw when we say set native mode check the little checkbox in the gsdx config (were are not talking about window size) Smile

Yep I know how to change them both.

I did the test and nothing in game changed

FPS stayed the same and the game lag / slow motion type crap is still going on.

I did notice the GS went down by 10 tho. so it was around 40-50 GS

Gameplay is still unbearable tho.