Bad performance on a good computer
only other thing i can think of is make sure you dont set the speed hack VU Cycle Stealing and EE Cyclerate above the first or second notch this can cause a slow motion effect and report a fake fps readout.

Sponsored links

(06-20-2012, 09:42 AM)hyakki Wrote: only other thing i can think of is make sure you dont set the speed hack VU Cycle Stealing and EE Cyclerate above the first or second notch this can cause a slow motion effect and report a fake fps readout.

The speed hack was turned totally off for my previous tests.

But here is the funny thing.

when I turn it on and put EE cycle to 2 and VU cycle to 2 the game plays "normal speed" except for this weird lagging every so often

like a stutter of frames or something.

So yes it is really a problem with this emulator somehow I believe.
I doubt it since you said the other game you have worked fine, some ps2 games are more heavy then others, I started getting slowdowns with my 9800GTX+ it could barely scale at 2x on some games without hitting a bottleneck, some games like zone of enders couldn't even run under native mode. (and the 9800gtx+ was a very fast card)

finally i got a 560 most of the bottlenecks went away I can upscale at 4x - 6x on games I never could before.

I think there was a change in pcsx2 or gsdx that caused a slight slowdown on older cards so you could try a older version of pcsx2 & plugins some people have reported that 0.98 worked better with older video cards though you will loose the mtvu speedhack , I'm not 100% sure if it will help or not, though it never hurts to try Smile.
Quote:I think there was a change in pcsx2 or gsdx that caused a slight slowdown on older cards so you could try a older version of pcsx2 & plugins some people have been reported to work better with older video cards though you will loose the mtvu speedhack
true
some gfx stuff are rendered more accurately. Hence the need of good hardware.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2012, 09:57 AM)hyakki Wrote: I doubt it since you said the other game you have worked fine, some ps2 games are more heavy then others, I started getting slowdowns with my 9800GTX+ it could barely scale at 2x on some games without hitting a bottleneck, some games like zone of enders couldn't even run under native mode. (and the 9800gtx+ was a very fast card)

finally i got a 560 most of the bottlenecks went way i can upscale at 4x - 6x on games I never could before.

I think there was a change in pcsx2 or gsdx that caused a slight slowdown on older cards so you could try a older version of pcsx2 & plugins some people have been reported to work better with older video cards though you will loose the mtvu speedhack :\

I dont think it's a problem with video card.

I can get software to monitor GPU usage if you really think this is the problem.

I already told you GS is at 40%.
You say that you think it's video card.
I say I don't believe this.

I still think something is wrong with the code. at a fundamental level.
(06-20-2012, 10:03 AM)Hogwarts Wrote: I still think something is wrong with the code. at a fundamental level.

if you say so, the pcsx2 code is right here
Pcsx2 Source

let us know when you find the problem Smile

(but seriously since pcsx2 is open source and viewable by anyone the code has been reviewed and modified by some of the most brilliant minds out there, and through such people ps2 emulation has become a possibility, everyone is welcome to look at the code and make suggestions on how to optimize it.)
for the games that mentioned at first post, i've never have any problem with two of them, which i own
without using any EE or VU hack, i can even get over 100fps with frame limiter off==
there's many tricks to play around if one have been follow up the development and understandings good enough about pcsx2.
one thing they don't do is simply compares emulation to pc games.

but basically there not a big deal if some of the game having problem or not working since pcsx2 still not yet "perfect" emulator , just wait for further improvement.
for myself i felt grateful as they working for nothing and turning impossible to possible, bring us HD ps2 experience on pc, which is amazing if one compares it to ps2 original graphic on TV.

belows are screenshots taken from Fatal Frame 3 and burnout3:TakeDown.
running on i5 [email protected], GTX 470

I've just ripped my copy of Airblade and tried it - not a single problem with running it. Without speed hacks (other than MTVU/the tick box ones) it goes at over 80fps, with it goes over 100.

I5 2300 (2.8ghz) (about 1/5th faster in pure speed than your CPU despite the GHZ differences)
Win 7 64
GTS 450 DDR5 (512mb... boo)

A little more testing, if I run with speed limiter and speedhacks off it will run at an average of 80 frames per second. If I put 2x Native - likewise. If I do 3x Native (about the limit of this card) it will run well but drop down by about 20fps every 30 seconds or so (still stays on or above 60).
(06-20-2012, 10:03 AM)Hogwarts Wrote: I dont think it's a problem with video card.

I can get software to monitor GPU usage if you really think this is the problem.

I already told you GS is at 40%.
You say that you think it's video card.
I say I don't believe this.

I still think something is wrong with the code. at a fundamental level.

Dude your Video card is an epic bottleneck ( for emulated games to play ) because even though your processor and Vcard is Good enough to play PC games it is a very different situation if you are playing an emulated game, if you are not dumb like what you have said you should already know this and don't say that your NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS is it not a bottleneck at your game play. And really diablo III and MW3?? you can even play them at high settings with your rig (because they do not need that much of CPU and GPU performance, and diablo III is designed to be played by people who have lower performance rig than yours) and like what the others said Emulated games love intel rather than AMD one's, check Dolphin emulator if you don't believe us, and if it is a pcsx2 problem then why i don't have any problems with the games you said ( and i even play at 3x native resolution v-sync turned on and speed hacks at default)
Hogwarts you've posted so much nonsense someone should do something about it.

Quote:the problem lies in the coding because it's not optimized

If anything it's poor coding / no optimization for specific hardware configurations.

Says the person who hasn't touched/read the code (and you probably don't even have the skills to READ it, much less modify it and optimize it).
Comments like that make you look like a troll, come back when you've learned coding dynamic recompilers for a completely different architecture than x86. If you didn't understand a word from the above, please don't try to reply to it because you will make yourself look bad.

Quote:It surely has enough CUDA cores to run a Ps2 emulator.

PCSX2 does not use CUDA in any way, which you would know if you read the FAQ.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...-Questions

Quote:Do you realize this emulator and these games are 10 years old?
My computer has specs to blow any of this stuff out of the water
Even Crysis benchmark I can run at 30 FPS with high settings.

Do you realize this is emulation? Apparently not, let me link you to the FAQ thread that you should have read already:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

Quote:P.S It's a problem with PCSX2
Wanna know how I know? Watch the Video I posted
I'm getting 30+ FPS with FRAPS checking. but the game is running like its slow motion.

Again showing you have no idea about what emulation is and how it works. This is not a PC game, you need 50 FPS for PAL and 60 FPS for NTSC to have the games working on their actual speed.
Maybe next time know what you're talking about before proving 'how you know' it's a problem with PCSX2 with nonsense.

Finally, form the replies you see in this thread, many other people are running your 'problematic' games just fine. So my bet is you have severely misconfigured the program (you probably never read the configuration guide either). After all that junk I am really not inclined to help you with your problems and I guess other members feel the same.
I also removed your crappy avatar that hurt our eyes. If you want PCSX2 'fixed' learn programming, download the source and 'fix' it yourself. Stop bitching about a free program, if you don't like it make us all the favor and never use it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]