Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
(05-03-2012, 09:19 AM)Demonic Rabbits Wrote: I lost the PS2 disc so was really looking forward to playing it again Angry

Found the disc like a boss!
Goodbye Emulator.. Hello PS2

Sponsored links

Hey guys thought I would add some useful information that people just haven't seemed to notice.
I think that Snowblind game issues are deffinately related to graphics, and could possibly be due to Mip-Maps but may be because there is a loop someone that is chewing up graphical memory or there is a memory allocation error, because if you attempt to run it and then attempt to change GS plugins you get the following:
MessageBox Wrote:GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.

Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel.
I'm more proned to lean to the "loop" than anything else due to the full thread use that occurs once the game freezes.

May also still be an error that occurs in "Main Executable <-> GSPlugin" transfer of any texture data, so it's still possibly the Main application itself too, as this occurs on every GS plugin I have I tried all plugins, including "null" and this error still occurs.

So to summarise my rambling I'm going to say it's an emulation error that results in an infinate loop during cutscenes, I'm sure Dolphin had this same issue for BG: DA for GameCube at one point too, perhaps you could take a look at what they did to fix the issue?

Thought I should add the following:

PCSX2 V0.9.8

i7920
GTX285
RampageII -Extreme Motherboard
6GB Corsair Dominator (Tripple channel @ 2+ GHz)

Adding more information

In game after a few minutes the following resources are being used
17-18% cpu (I would say 12.5% of that is the main executable itself) and the other 4.5-5.5% is just auxilary stuff like GS/sound etc etc
Memory usage is fluctuating between 498-505mb which I would say is because the textures are being rendered every frame and not being cached properly if at all, because once you move back into the equip screen cpu is @ 16% and memory @ a steady 434MB

Also when on the Main play screen I continuously get the following in my console:
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
!@#$
To play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on Pcsx2, you will have to patch the pcsx2.exe with a (4gb patcher).

I have a like to Mega here: (https://mega.nz/#!TR5xDSLZ!OVNnWwMtg5Yr3...2vNDUObhPs)

Run the patch then choose the pcsx2.exe & it will be patched to a 4gb limit.

You also will have to change (Gdsx video plugin settings to 2x native) in your resolution so, you don't get the split screen bug.

Once you do that it doesn't matter what you render the video in dx9, dx11 or OpenGL hardware.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]