Baroque will not start.
cdvdGigaherz has been the default CDVD plugin since I first downloaded version 1.1.0, and it's worked with every game I've used so far. Would using the physical DVD make a difference?

Sponsored links

maybe, if you made a bad dump.
Edit : oh, and set dev9 plugin to null
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
As annoying as it is, the game suddenly started working. I didn't change anything, and simply started the game up as I did before, and it's playing the intro movie right now.

I guess it's resolved, but I don't even know what the problem was. :/
I think it runs fine on SVns, but you couldn't run the SVN because of the Dev9 problem.
oh well, glad it worked Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, apparently this game only likes certain settings or it's simply a gamble to get it to work at all. After playing some other games after getting it to work, it decides to start blacking out again.

There must be something really specific that I'm missing here, because the game ran fine when it finally managed to start playing, any yet it's gone back to this again.

Of course, I can't remember what settings were on when I first got it to work, and I've likely changed it when playing other games.

I guess this game just doesn't want me to play it. :/
I think I may have found the problem. I disabled all speedhacks, and the game starts up two times in a row. I'm not really sure why completely disabling speedhacks makes a difference while manually disabling them all does nothing.

Oh well, at least I have some clue as to what's wrong with the game.
I'd like to note that I never had issues with this game here. Using an iso, as always.
(09-23-2013, 08:43 AM)rama Wrote: I'd like to note that I never had issues with this game here. Using an iso, as always.

I have no idea why, but the game only starts from the PS2 start-up when I uncheck the "Enable speedhacks" box. That's the only thing I've noticed that I have changed that got it to work.

I tried messing with all kinds of settings, but that's literally the only thing I have seen that made a difference when trying to start the game.

The game runs fine without speedhacks anyway, so the only issue is getting it to start in the first place.