Basic help =)
Ok, I have downloaded the PCSX2 file and have extracted it (the windows version). When it starts up, it says that it needs to be configured. So the only thing I change is the CDvdrom to C
DVDnull Driver 0.6.0 (because it said the default failed when I tested it) hit ok first problem
-there is nothing in bios, I don't know how to fix this
then I go to file>run CD/DVD second problem
-it says: the specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcsx2 to run File not found Filename:bios
I dont know how to fix these problems. Also, the files from the game I want to play aren't saved onto my computer, they are only on the CD which is in D drive, I am not sure if it has to be downloaded to my hard drive.
Thanks in advance for all the help, please bare with me and my newbie computer knowledge (or lack there of). Happy

Sponsored links

Hello there,

go to the pcsx2 configuring guide in the "BIOS configuration" part they show you how to extract the BIOS from your PS2 and links to instructions

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html#Bios

and well the rest of the guide should help you with the other things Tongue if you still have questions after feel free to ask for help
Yea, thanks a bunch, that explains the first part of my problem, but I looked over the tutorial but I couldn't find the answer to the second part of my question. Maybe Im looking in the wrong area (probably), but I cant figure it out. any (more) help would be appreciated and thanks again, I didnt expect an answer so soon. =)
So wait what's still wrong, getting games to run or getting your BIOS?

Getting games to run requires you to pick basically any CD/DVD plugin that doesn't have 'null' in the name. Null is computer-speak for 'nothing', all of the plugins named null are meant as placeholders and don't actually do anything.
PEOPS is for running off the original disc, Linuz Iso is for running off of images already stored on your hard drive. Get it running with PEOPS before worrying about how to make the images.

Getting the BIOS requires you to dump it from your PS2. This thread in particular runs through how to do it various ways, you can google around for alternate methods if you can't use the ones outlined.

If you're getting error messages, post them and the contents of the console window that starts up with PCSX2.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
you should make an Iso of your DVD using ultra Iso or imgburn. But this will be useful only once you have your Bios ready
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ok, well from what I understand, it isn't completly necesary to have the bios right?
The problem I am having is getting the game to run.
Ok, when I start up pcsx2, I configure it, and have changed the cdvdrom to PEOPS. That is all I have done. I hit File>Run CD/DVD and a prompt comes up saying the specified bios file was not found A bios is required to run pcsx2 File not found Filename:bios
And thats where I am. How/where do I select CD/DVD plugins?
Here is the log as well:
Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
SysLibError Mesage: <NULL>
It was stated that NULL means nothing, but I don't know how to change it.
You do need a BIOS to run PCSX2.
(06-11-2009, 07:25 PM)GMoney Wrote: the specified bios file was not found A bios is required to run pcsx2

That should be a good indication that a BIOS is required Rolleyes

How and where to configure the plugins can be found in the configuration guide, linked in the first reply. Getting the BIOS from your PS2 should be your priority, since you can't really test the plugin configurations without it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
O I thought that some1 said you should have it but that it isn't necessary... O well. So you are saying that is my problem right and all I have to do is get my bios from my ps2 and I will be good?
you got it Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go