Bear with me... FFX optimization
Alright, this may be long winded but im going to start with my hardware.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHZ
RAM: 4.00 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5870

Important plugins:
GS: GSDx 4643 (MSVC 16.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16

And a picture of my current settings. (From the research I've done on this forum, for best compatibility with FFX)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13834265/EmuSettings.png

Now my situation.

I load the game, right from the intro, 25-40 FPS. When I pause the game, It caps at a steady 60. When I get passed the intro, and tidus control, FPS drops down to 25-35. Pausing brings it back up to 60.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13834265/percents.JPG

From what I've read, my hardware is more than capable of playing this game. I've tried numerous different configurations and no luck with anything, so I've come to ask what you've probably been asked many times before. What can I do to increase performance of FFX.

Thanks Smile

Sponsored links

Quote:From what I've read, my hardware is more than capable of playing this game.

No? Did you read the recommended system requirements? If you overclock it it'll be fine though.

http://pcsx2.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X

Quote:This game is mainly cpu-limited, but already an Intel Core2Duo at 2.0GHz (probably even lower) or similar is able to emulate this game at playable speeds. Your gpu shouldn't be slower than a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, though, as this might hurt your fps pretty badly in a few scenes of the game.

This may be what you read; however the system recommendations have risen since when this was updated using 0.9.6. PS2 emulation has gotten much more heavy as it is getting more compatible. I can recommend upping each slider one notch and seeing if it helps.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-03-2011, 08:43 PM)sakraycore Wrote: No? Did you read the recommended system requirements? If you overclock it it'll be fine though.

Yes?

Recommended Processors:
Intel Core 2 Duo

Recommended VGA cards:
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
ATI Radeon 4750 or better

Other Hardware Recommendations:

512 mb or above of System Memory:
Windows XP With Service Pack 3
Windows 2000
Windows XP 64 With Service Pack 1

1 GB or above of System Memory:
Windows Vista 32/64
Windows 7 32/64

I believe my 4gb of ram, Intel Quad core, and Radeon HD 5870 pass minimum requirements.
The recommended processor is a Core 2 Duo at 3.2Ghz and preferably better.

Your quad core will not get you any benefit over a dual core, as the EEcore emulation only uses 2 cores of your CPU. Try enabling more aggressive speedhacks.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Your too aggressive with hacks. Reduce that to recommended only.

Try using dx10 mode, sometimes it gives better results. Also try newest build of pcsx2 as i don't know what emulator your currently using.

I may be wrong, but if that doesn't help you that 2.4Ghz maybe is not enough. I use [email protected] and game runs fine, except in some cases with tiny drop in frames.

P.S. look at official channel here how this game works:

Youtube example of FF10 on official PCSX2 channel
I'm using the 0.9.9.4654 build. Maybe my hypothesis is in fact my CPU is the bottleneck of my computer.
Your CPU is definitely your bottleneck with that GPU.

Just to confirm - when you get these slowdowns, is the EE on the title bar of the game close to 100%?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Close to, most of the time. Otherwise it hovers around 50%
Have you tried running the game on native resolution in your video plugin settings?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...