Berserk PS2
Hello, and first off thank you for your fine work on a great emulator.

I'll get straight to the point and say that I would love to be able to play Berserk on the Pcsx2 the way it was meant to be played. There is plenty of documentation on what things are wrong with it, (the hud and health bar, slowdowns and cutscenes) and it just seems like it's been that way for way too long. If there are any options to get the huds up in HW mode please tell me. I have tried this on the svn 5907.

I've never requested any attention to be brought to any game on any emulator and my fascination with Berserk is probably the reason I'm doing so now.

The fact that there is so much of Berserk, the anime, the game, the manga and also the new movie anime that is insanely awesome which I highly recommend, should show that there is a high demand for it.

As well as Albert Wesker on his youtube channel coming out with an actual translation of the game to English which works btw. There are a ton of comments and people who rejoiced knowing the fact that they can potentially play this game.

So I ask, may this game get the attention it deserves? Maybe it has and the problems are very significant, if that is so then I'm sorry for asking. I know fixes aren't necessarily geared to individual games but more on making the emulator just like the ps2. I don't mean to waste time. I just think it is on peoples minds and a lot of people are watching and hoping this one gets fixed.

Thanks for the great work

Some specs
i5 2500k
GTX 760
G skill 16gb pc3 12800

Sponsored links

does it work in software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-22-2014, 07:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: does it work in software mode ?

Software mode should fix up most of the graphical glitches
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I think he knows it works in software mode.

He's looking for a fix for hardware mode.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-22-2014, 07:44 PM)refraction Wrote: Software mode should fix up most of the graphical glitches

it was just to see if it was worth a bug report Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
not worth a bug report, its mostly fubared in hardware mode, apparently zzogl by some freak choice of options you can get it looking right, but the plugin sucks too hard Tongue2

Yeah, you guys pretty much nailed it. It's such an awesome looking game, and yes, software mode works but it's way too slow. My specs aren't horrible either. I was just thinking maybe this game fell under the radar. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
Your specs aren't that bad, just make sure you set "Extra renderer threads" in the gsdx config to 3, this will make sure software mode is as bearable as possible