Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Budget Video Card
Hi, a friend of mine's doing a VERY VERY cheap pc build but insists that he be able to play pcsx 2 and has a very low budget for a Graphics card...

Which of these would you recommend to be able to just play pcsx2 with a dual core 3.0 GHZ processor ....mind you, not DECENTLY, but just playable.....hoping for 30 fps, if lucky...

Sapphire Radeon 3850 512 GDDR 3 256 bit bus
Sapphire Radeon 4670 512 GDDR 3 128 bit bu
ATI HD 2600 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card 2600XT

I'm just wondering..the last time I researched this was for MY build...

does bus width really make that big a differenc e in PCSX 2????? cause the 4670 has a 760 mhz core clock and 320 stream processors.....

Just wondering.....

Thanks

Edit: I just noticed Seinfeld and abunch of others have had success with the 2600xt......maybe my question is already answered.. anyways thanks...

my friend can't go above 75.00 Canadian anyways....so this is perfect.....
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram
Gigabyte EP45 UD3L p45 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC Edition

Asus 1201N Quad-Thread CPU @ 1.6 GHZ /Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Soon...

Sponsored links

The 2600XT is all around a horrible card. I had it for a few months and hated every minute of it.

Honestly, I would suggest an nVidia from the same price range as nVidia was the clear cut gfx card leader until recently when the lines have become more blurred. Something like an 8600 or an 8800 is probably in the price range.

Edit: If you DO go with an ATI, definitely go Sapphire.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Get the 3850.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
It also depends on your budget...
DON'T DO DRUGSPac-Man!!! Ninja
I recommend the 8600 gts, its like 50 usd, and I ran pcsx2 and most games pretty decent on my dual core, 2 gigs of ram and 1 8600 gts. Not to mention it runs pretty much any pc game I throw at it.
Amd 64 x2 4800+
4gb ddr 800mhz kingston ram
2x Nvidia 8600 GTS 256mb in SLI
2x 250gb hdds
(04-24-2009, 05:20 PM)Grishnak Wrote: I recommend the 8600 gts, its like 50 usd, and I ran pcsx2 and most games pretty decent on my dual core, 2 gigs of ram and 1 8600 gts. Not to mention it runs pretty much any pc game I throw at it.

Just to clarify....this was before you got TWO right???

Cause my friend can't afford two....not now anyway besides I think it's not a NVidia board.....
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram

It doesn't have to be an nVidia board to use an nVidia graphics card. The only time you need to worry about having nVidia or ATI specific chipsets is if you want to run Crossfire or SLI. If your friend plans on running two graphics cards at some point, then you have to find out if the motherboard is a Crossfire or SLI motherboard and select the graphics card accordingly.

What motherboard is it, anyway?
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-24-2009, 06:32 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: It doesn't have to be an nVidia board to use an nVidia graphics card. The only time you need to worry about having nVidia or ATI specific chipsets is if you want to run Crossfire or SLI. If your friend plans on running two graphics cards at some point, then you have to find out if the motherboard is a Crossfire or SLI motherboard and select the graphics card accordingly.

What motherboard is it, anyway?

it's a cheap x38....he got it on sale which probably m,eans crossfire right????

Edit: let me fix that...

It was a cheap old LanParty x38.it was used and refurbished....he got it for around 100.00 - just so you know we don't got a budget to the moon......

it's probably gonna have a Pentium Dual Core or Celeron Dual Core.... that's all...cause both can reach the required 3.2 GHZ...we'll see...
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram

those cpu's would get to the required 3.2 GHz but it will still be slow (but still good Tongue) Smile (what we mean by 3GHz and good enough is the Core2 Duo ones Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
He's going to have to get a core 2 duo or quad lol, the motherboard won't support earlier processors.