Best Config for PCSX2??
Question 
Hello, I have been trying to find a good config for my PC, but none of them have been working! I have even tryed tweaking my own settings, but still I get 40 fps on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Any recommendations? I've also tried playing Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, but I get 20 fps on that.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Celeron 1007U 1.50 GHz (Dual Core)
4GB RAM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics (duh)

Sponsored links

No chance for that cpu.
Either you get an upgrade or play it on your ps2.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
KeyToTruth, the interesting thing is I can run L4D2 on the highest settings (excluding anti-aliasing), and Loadout (on low), so I'm guessing emulation takes much more power to run?
(06-05-2014, 10:38 PM)MrGamerChad Wrote: KeyToTruth, the interesting thing is I can run L4D2 on the highest settings (excluding anti-aliasing), and Loadout (on low), so I'm guessing emulation takes much more power to run?

definitely...
Emulation can't be compared to native PC gaming.
read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Don't compare pc games to emulation, it's ridiculous.

And yes, it will need a strong cpu to handle emulation.

Edit: as always... ninja'd
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I do play some Project64 once in a while, but that doesn't lag (maybe in Conker, but not much), but I'm going to guess that takes much less power, being an older console and all. Good thing I already have a setup in mind for a new PC (for only $1374.75), so I'm going to post those specs, and see if you guys think they are good.

GPU: GTX 660 Windforce OC
CPU: Intel i3-4130 (Haswell based)
8GB RAM

Those are only some of the specs, but they are the most important to this topic. Do you think these specs will be good to emulate the PS2?
not bad, even if a quad core would be better.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, trying to stay within a good price range. The CPU costs $124.99, so thats nice. If I did find a dual core, it would shoot up the price. Maybe there is one, but thanks for the answer.
Sorry for replying myself, but I just found an i5-4430 Haswell based processor for 189.99, so thats not TOO too high of a price jump, does bring it up to about 1400, but I'll need to check that.
You're paying $1374? If so then you are getting ripped off. My i5 rig didn't cost that. BTW why would you get a 660 and not a 760?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]