Best Config for my laptop
Hi guys i'm new to all of this and successfully setup my pcsx2 emulator after picking up a new gaming laptop.

It tis the Asus G72gx and here are the specs:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 Ghz
Ram: 6gb
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M 1Gb
Hdd: 500gb

I have tried the guides and searched around the forums, but I have not had any success with the configurations. I have tried running MGS3, FFX and 12, Radiata stories, and KH2. I used the default plugins and have adjusted them but to no luck. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the proper configurations. I am new to the pc and to gaming on them as well. I just want to finish up these old ps2 games that I have on disk. Please help me find the best settings!

Sponsored links

Burn the games to iso, reading from the disc causes slowdowns. For FFX use the gamefix.
(07-02-2010, 01:49 AM)Ænigmatik Wrote: Burn the games to iso, reading from the disc causes slowdowns. For FFX use the gamefix.

So if I use an iso and mount the image it will run better? I tried using the gamefix, but the graphics still look quite out of place.
no dont mount it, just load the iso from pcsx2
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-02-2010, 01:54 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: no dont mount it, just load the iso from pcsx2

So that other plugin called linuz is the only only one that can fix this problem after I extract the iso from the cd? Also what configurations can I put to create quality graphics and stop the stuttering and sound issues. I am try the zerogs plugin right now.
use gsdx and use interlacing. 0.9.7 has a built in iso loader if you dont want to use linuz.
yes the only or the iso loader in pcsx2 also

as for the other problems use the spu2-x its better on quality but a little worse on speed, if you need more help post your settings with screenshots
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
(07-02-2010, 02:15 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: yes the only or the iso loader in pcsx2 also

as for the other problems use the spu2-x its better on quality but a little worse on speed, if you need more help post your settings with screenshots

Looks like it is doing much better than I anticipated. Thanks. I also tried using the interlacing, but I did not know which one to pick, because I tried using bob tff and the screen looked a bit jumpy.
if its not jumping up and down dont change it from none, if it is then find the best looking one
Looks like something quite odd happened. While I was playing FF10 my laptop crashed and the blue screen appereared. Its fine now, but I think I will hold any futher play until this configured properly.