Best Config for my system/Random FPS drops
What is way too high is the MSAA on x16 xD
FXAA wont down is performances so much, but I don't like it so I think its better to disable, like shade boost too.
Even on a gtx980 you will have slowdowns on x5 with MSAAx4, anyway at this res its perfect you don't need no msaa on a 24" monitor.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert

Sponsored links

(03-17-2015, 07:50 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And it got flagged again WTH.

Anyway your internal resolution is way too high.

flagged? why? lol So any suggetions what settings should I use?
don't use higher than 4x native
Try disabling intel speedstep too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-17-2015, 07:53 AM)angelarches Wrote: So any suggetions what settings should I use?
(03-17-2015, 07:49 AM)ssakash Wrote: disable HW hacks and FXAA and reduce the internal resolution to something like 4X (or) 5X. also, enable speedhacks and the MTVU hack.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-17-2015, 07:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: don't use higher than 4x native
Try disabling intel speedstep too

Bad Idea Wink
Dunno what you have against speedstep but its a very good feature, I like a cold cpu in idle, its pointless to run at 5ghz all the time, its more silent, you save energy and lifetime etc.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
(03-17-2015, 07:59 AM)Coma Wrote: Dunno what you have against speedstep but its a very good feature, I like a cold cpu in idle, its pointless to run at 5ghz all the time.
Speed step prevents unnecessary lag while playing the game, The CPU might dynamically auto clock itself to something lower in a demanding scene (or) less demanding scene which cause less power to be spent on the Emotion engine itself. hence, it might cause random lag (or) stutter during Gameplay.

It was also a good solution, but not the Ideal one.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Guys tried all your suggestions. but still get FPS drops. I'm pretty sure my rig can handle this emulator. If someone is kind enough please post in detail what I should exactly change in my settings. Thanks brothers! Btw the do I really need to OC my CPU? Everytime I play anyways I only use 50% of my cpu.
You will have big slowdowns in x6 with msaa x16, if you run x4/x5 with 0 MSAA there will be a massive improvement, and that im 100% sure of it.
Check MTVU, uncheck FXAA, shade boost, fx shader and edge anti aliasing.

(and yes, when you have a so powerfull cpu its a shame to avoid overclock, its made to run easy on 4,7ghz so you will still be cool at 4,5ghz.. if you have the right cooling indeed)

If its still laggy sometimes on some very demanding games, its normal.. then wait another 3 or 4 years of pcsx2 updates Tongue2
(03-17-2015, 11:20 AM)angelarches Wrote: Guys tried all your suggestions. but still get FPS drops. I'm pretty sure my rig can handle this emulator. If someone is kind enough please post in detail what I should exactly change in my settings. Thanks brothers! Btw the do I really need to OC my CPU? Everytime I play anyways I only use 50% of my cpu.
Did you try what I had suggested? , post your current pcsx2 settings screenshot.
- Refraction
(03-17-2015, 12:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: Did you try what I had suggested? , post your current pcsx2 settings screenshot.

I did what you guys suggested me. But still I get some sudden FPS drops. On almost all games. Maybe there's something I'm missing? Maybe I should change from AVX2 to AVX?