Best Configuration for MGS2?
Question 
I thought I'd try my hand at Metal Gear Solid 2. I'm getting variable framerates, everything from 10FPS up to 60FPS, depending on where I am and what's on screen. Does anyone have a list of the best settings or speedhacks that might stabilize this a bit? My hardware:

Windows 7 32Bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4GB RAM
nVidia GTX 460

Also: I am at the place where I have to take pictures of metal gear (RAY). I think it's some kind of bug, because even when standing in the correct location, the Otocon won't take the pictures I send him. I can get the Front-Right and the logo pictures (Snake says 'Good!') but I am unable to get the front or front left pictures to trigger properly (Snake says nothing and there is no chirp of success). Also in this area the FPS drops to 10-20 if the soldiers are in my FOV.

Sponsored links

have you tried the "preset" feature of speedhack
try slide the slider to it to 3-Balanced or 4-Aggressive

if it's still slow then it's your CPU
it scored by minimum status
Quote:MinumumTongue2ass
C2D at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card
Recommended:failed
i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum:failed
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth

*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD athlon 64,486,586,Intel-Atom,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-27-2011, 08:23 AM)tallbender Wrote: have you tried the "preset" feature of speedhack
try slide the slider to it to 3-Balanced or 4-Aggressive

if it's still slow then it's your CPU
it scored by minimum status

Yes I've tried those sliders, with only minor FPS increases. And it is still inconsistent depending on what's on screen. If my CPU isnt powerful enough, well...I've been looking to upgrade anyway.