Best Configuration options for .hack//"IMOQ" for Arch/SteamOS
i just started picking back up PS2 Emulation for the time being as i have long since i last posted had to leave some stuff behind on a move (had to rush out and realized too late i left my PS2Phat behind.) and my PS3 80GB Just Died (im putting $$ aside to get it fraken-modded [the PS3 Slim CPU mod.]) and since i have a Steam Deck, not exactly a "Portable PS2" but next best thing.

im more or less hoping people allready have or would know atleast the best config options Graphics wise for use on the Deck that shouldnt produce many if at all glitches for PCSX2 on the deck (via EmuDeck) for IMOQ (Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine) and As far as im aware, SteamOS3.0+ is based on Arch

Sponsored links

Emudeck is unsupported.
Use the official appimage from our website and leave default dettings
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's great to hear that you've picked up PS2 emulation again and have found a way to enjoy your favorite games through the Steam Deck. While I'm not familiar with the EmuDeck software specifically, I can recommend some general tips for optimizing graphics settings on PCSX2.

First, make sure that you have the latest version of PCSX2 and that your graphics drivers are up to date. Then, experiment with different settings for the graphics plugin, such as changing the renderer to OpenGL or DirectX, adjusting the internal resolution, and enabling or disabling certain effects like anti-aliasing or texture filtering.

It's also important to keep in mind that not all games will run perfectly on emulation, so you may encounter some glitches or performance issues even with the best settings. In that case, you can try looking for community patches or mods that address those specific problems.

As for SteamOS3.0+ being based on Arch, that's correct. It's a Linux-based operating system that's designed to be compatible with a wide range of hardware and software, including PCSX2. So you should be able to find plenty of resources and support for running PCSX2 on the Steam Deck.