Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Controller for use with this emulator?
After an assortment of woes involving getting my PS3 controller to work on my two machines (One is running Vista, the other, Windows 7 64 bit) consistently, I've started to consider just getting a different controller, and I was wondering what would be the best option.

Any ideas? Something similar to the PS2/PS3 controller would be best, I think... something that comes with PC drivers.

The Xbox 360 controller (the wired ones anyway) should work just fine with the PC but I think it might be awkward to play certain games (R.A.D. comes to mind, although its not a great example) with the joysticks set up differently...

Sponsored links

I like my Logitech Rumblepad 2 for PSX/PS2 games.

There's been similar threads before, maybe search a little Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
PS3/PC Wireless RF-Pad from Big Ben Interactive. Best 30 Euros i ever invested in a gamepad.

Works for PS3 and PC (theres a switch on the usb-dongle to change the system).

gamepad is installed automatically under win7 64bit, no manual driver installation needed.

Rumble doesn't work on PC.... i can live with that... i think there are some universal drivers on the french website that should work with rumble.

Cant say if its better or worse than an original ps3-pad, since i dont have a ps3 nor a ps3-gamepad, but i'm very pleased with it.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Logitech Rumblepad 2 changed my life.
[Image: 1454055.png]
Cordless pads? Really? Why does everyone love them so very much?

And are the joysticks (the thumbsticks) up to the standards expected by the programmers of PS2/3 games?

I had bad experiences with madcatz controllers in my childhood and I *STILL* haven't gotten over it Tongue.
I'm using an official (wired) Sony DualShock2 gamepad with a PS2-To-USB adapter that also supports rumble.

It also supports up to Two Pressure Sensitive buttons at a time, and you can select witch ones you want to be active within the Gamepad Adapter's Driver.
These aere the buttons you can select from for that feature; there's 2 drop-down boxes for them:
X, Circle, Square, Triangle, L1, L2, R1, R2.

Now, I haven't tried activating the pressure sensitive button feature Within PCSX2 yet (I'll mess with it when I get around to playing Star Ocean), so I can't say for sure if it's 100% compatible on that front, but all the standard buttons & Two Analog Sticks & Rumble work great.

Here's a link to one place where it's still being sold:

Here's a link to the Driver Page:

Look for: "PC039 Super Joy Box 5 pro"
There's two entries for it, spaced apart.
One entry is for the Windows Vista / Windows 7 Driver.
The other entry is for the Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP Driver

Now, if only I could find a good GameCube Controller to USB Adapter, I'd be all set for Dolphin, but I digress... XD
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
I'm using an Madcatz Xbox 360 controller, it's pretty sweet and only $20.