Best Final Fantasy XII settings
I'm a bit new to this (well, I tinkered with PCSX2 in the past, but it has been a long time), so I'm starting from scratch. I'm trying to figure out the best settings to use for Final Fantasy XII with my hardware that I could play it at as high a resolution as possible while still running 60 FPS and looking as good as possible in the process. I'm starting from a fresh install of PCSX2 1.0, but I haven't configured it yet; thought I'd get some feedback first (as well as watch the general setup vid for PCSX2).

My specs are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 overclocked to 3.2 GHx
Graphics: Nvidia Evga GTX 460 1GB Superclocked
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 @ 800 MHz
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Hard Drive: 120GB SSD & 2TB HDD (there's room to spare o nthe SSD if it'll benefit putting the ISO there)

Thanks in advance!
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 overclocked to 3.2 GHz (stock 2.66 GHz)
Motherboard: Abit IP-35 Pro
Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Superclocked
RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR2 800MHz
PSU: Antec NeoBlue 650w

Sponsored links

2x native res or maybe 3x native res should be ok.
I guess that's practically the only setting you'll change to get good quality with that GPU.
I suggest you leave all the others settings to default to keep stability and smooth gameplay.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks! I just saw the hack suggestions on the wiki, should I use those, or is that more intended for newer hardware?
The hacks will help more if you're short on cpu.
This is not your case since ffXII is pretty light in terms of requirements.
Your weak point would be your gpu, but no hack will hep you with this ( not without producing various glitches)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I had a typo in the first post: my video card is actually a GTX 460, not 480. Still, I'm surprised the graphics card would be a limiting factor; it still isn't a bad card (unlike that ancient CPU lol), and I long thought emulation was a lot more CPU- than GPU-heavy.
a GTX anything is strong, that card isn't a weak point. The weak point would be if the PSU (yes, I'm going there) is able to handle what it's being told to deliver.

Humor me, what's is the PSU output?

Real senario:
I have a 300w PSU, a GT 520, an 8400 GS, and an 8600 GT, ALL perform the same on my PC. (And did so on my E2200 @ 2.2. I now have i3 @ 3.3) I should be able to bolster graphics on even PC games, and I can't. A GT 520 would outshine a 8x ANY day of the week. but I'm stuck to low-end settings on PC games. the power just isn't there.
(08-29-2013, 12:04 AM)Saiki Wrote: a GTX anything is strong, that card isn't a weak point. The weak point would be if the PSU (yes, I'm going there) is able to handle what it's being told to deliver.

Real senario:
I have a 300w PSU, a GT 520, an 8400 GS, and an 8600 GT, ALL perform the same on my PC. (And did so on my E2200 @ 2.2. I now have i3 @ 3.3) I should be able to bolster graphics on even PC games, and I can't. A GT 520 would outshine a 8x ANY day of the week. but I'm stuck to low-end settings on PC games. the power just isn't there.

Your PSU has no issue on that, the GT 520 is entry level. It's the lowest non-integrated card you could get for that generation. I'd be amazed if the 8600GT DIDN'T out perform it in almost every scenario, well aside from DX10/11 benchmarks since it couldn't do those.

If a PSU can't support a GPU, it's going to shut the whole system down, or at least blue screen. I've never heard of any piece of hardware throttling down due to a bad PSU...
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-29-2013, 12:18 AM)Koji Wrote: If a PSU can't support a GPU, it's going to shut the whole system down, or at least blue screen. I've never heard of any piece of hardware throttling down due to a bad PSU...

Well, you explain how a 8400 GS performed the same as a GT 520?
(08-29-2013, 12:04 AM)Saiki Wrote: a GTX anything is strong, that card isn't a weak point. The weak point would be if the PSU (yes, I'm going there) is able to handle what it's being told to deliver.

Real senario:

The PSU should be fine; its an Antec NeoBlue 650w. Its a few years old now, but still works great with the other hardware I have, including the GTX 460 and overclocked CPU (even with nearly 6 years of PSU aptrophy, it still has the needed headroom and then some).
yea, that would definitely have lots of headroom..
what's stock speed of the CPU?