Best GFX plugin for Soul Calibur 3
I'm currently using the latest plugins from the site and Soul Calibur 3 has bars/lines going across the screen which is pretty odd. What is the best plugin to use to play this game, or what is the best gfx plugin currently in general?

EDIT: Audio and gameplay is pretty slow too, what's the best configuration for everything to run smoothly? I have a AMD Phenom 64. Gateway FX7020, NVidia gfx card. 3 GB ram.

Sponsored links

GSdx is the best plugin, so you'll have to tinker with it. Maybe you can get the bars to disappear with a different "internal resolution".
Try setting it to 1200*1200. The alternative would be ticking the "native" checkbox. Runs faster and less glitchy, but lower resolution.

Speed is always a problem with demanding games like this.
You need a very fast CPU for full speed, preferably an Intel Core2 (or better) at > 3Ghz.
1200x1200 wasn't one of the options so I set it to 1280 x720. It seemed faster but the bars were still there. Couldn't find a checkbox saying native anywhere. Where is that located at? Thanks for the help so far
Hi!, it is my 1rst post here i hope help u Smile

So, lets work Tongue

1) it works in PAL version (IDK if it works on NTSC version coz i dont have that game edition xD )

2) emu configs : as u know , the configs are really personals, so IDK really if it going to work on ur pc, but its work in mine so... i hope it work for u 2 Laugh.

-PCSX2 0.9.7 r2832
( I work under that revision coz my pc have really low ends xD, and up r2809 have a little speed increase)

-Now, some shots:
[Image: pcsx2settingseeiop.th.png]

[Image: pcsx2settingsgs.th.png]

[Image: pcsx2settingsspeedhacks.th.png]

(My CPU is crap Pentium D 3.4Ghz [yes!!, omfg what im doing here Tongue], so i NEED it all , but u can test set it in other way ), if u have the VU Cycle Stealing at 3 maybe u get some garbage on the screen, set it to 2 and again to 3, and it is fixed.

3) Now the plugin config:

[Image: pcsx2settingsplugins.th.png]

-Sound:

[Image: dibujo3ai.th.png]

-Video:

[Image: dibujo5fc.th.png]

OK, now it is the key, set the internal ress in any 10 multiplier ( except 1280 ) as u can see , i set it in 1270x1020 (10 multipliers), i IDK why but its work in that way, it is some ress issue or maybe the textures are in that ress, whatever i dont care bcoz it works Tongue.
Now set off Alpha Correction and Logarithmic Z, they bot slowdown the game and i dont see any graphic diferences setting it on.
If u want more speed , check the Native square on "Use original ps2 resolution"

4) lets start the game:

This is important

[Image: dibujo4dz.th.png]

In order to dont see the vertical lines, u must to set it in PAL60/60HZ, IDK why, but is the only way Tongue

ok, now run the game and taraaa :

[Image: dibujo2ph.th.png]

No vertical lines 1270x1020 Laugh (for a better gameplay do alt+enter and go full screen ) , i have constant 40FPS in game, except in menu it slow down to 20-30 FPS, but it is a Crap CPU problem xD

Andd thats all, sorry all for my tarzanic english Blush, i hope help U

Edit: No links to svn builds please.
(04-13-2010, 12:50 AM)Alethram Wrote: Hi!, it is my 1rst post here i hope help u Smile

So, lets work Tongue

1) it works in PAL version (IDK if it works on NTSC version coz i dont have that game edition xD )

2) emu configs : as u know , the configs are really personals, so IDK really if it going to work on ur pc, but its work in mine so... i hope it work for u 2 Laugh.

-PCSX2 0.9.7 r2832
( I work under that revision coz my pc have really low ends xD, and up r2809 have a little speed increase)

-Now, some shots:

[Image: pcsx2settingsgs.th.png]

[Image: pcsx2settingsspeedhacks.th.png]

(My CPU is crap Pentium D 3.4Ghz [yes!!, omfg what im doing here Tongue], so i NEED it all , but u can test set it in other way ), if u have the VU Cycle Stealing at 3 maybe u get some garbage on the screen, set it to 2 and again to 3, and it is fixed.

3) Now the plugin config:

[Image: pcsx2settingsplugins.th.png]

-Sound:

[Image: dibujo3ai.th.png]

-Video:

[Image: dibujo5fc.th.png]

OK, now it is the key, set the internal ress in any 10 multiplier ( except 1280 ) as u can see , i set it in 1270x1020 (10 multipliers), i IDK why but its work in that way, it is some ress issue or maybe the textures are in that ress, whatever i dont care bcoz it works Tongue.
Now set off Alpha Correction and Logarithmic Z, they bot slowdown the game and i dont see any graphic diferences setting it on.
If u want more speed , check the Native square on "Use original ps2 resolution"

4) lets start the game:

This is important

[Image: dibujo4dz.th.png]

In order to dont see the vertical lines, u must to set it in PAL60/60HZ, IDK why, but is the only way Tongue

ok, now run the game and taraaa :

[Image: dibujo2ph.th.png]

No vertical lines 1270x1020 Laugh (for a better gameplay do alt+enter and go full screen ) , i have constant 40FPS in game, except in menu it slow down to 20-30 FPS, but it is a Crap CPU problem xD

Andd thats all, sorry all for my tarzanic english Blush, i hope help U

Edit: No links to svn builds please.

Thx!
It works with official beta release too, but only with 1020x1020 resolution.
1270x1020 has black lines for me.
Wow. Use the latest beta also won't do any harm.
Download it at this section.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G