Best Overall Settings For 1.0?
Ok so i just built a pc last month and have known about pcsx2 but never had a pc fast enough to run it,well hopefully that has changed now but before i start playing games what settings or misc stuff is best for overall gameplay?

AMD FX 8150 3.6 (default atm can OC if needed)
Radeon HD 7950
8 Gigs of Ram

Am i good and ready for some ps2 emulating?

Sponsored links

many games will run near full speed, but your CPu will struggle with the most intesnive ones.
Unfortunately, AMD Bulldozer's architecture performs very badly with pcsx2 (and with gaming in general)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-11-2012, 12:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: many games will run near full speed, but your CPu will struggle with the most intesnive ones.
Unfortunately, AMD Bulldozer's architecture performs very badly with pcsx2 (and with gaming in general)

Well PC gaming wise i havnt met a game that has gave me any trouble yet but emulating i havnt done heavy yet everything ps1 and below runs just fine havnt tried the PS2 era much yet but Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 seems to run just fine so far but i havnt gone much past the opening screen.

When i first oped to buy a cpu nothing in reviews said gaming would be a problem,where did you seen this?
The bulldozer architecture seems to really benefit servers. For gaming it isn't horrible, but not the best choice overall. AMD has honestly not been the option for gaming for a while. For a budget build they're great, but Intel slaughters them.