Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best PS1 emu to play Gran Turismo 1&2?
Hi. Which PS1 emu out there runs the first two GT games perfectly or fairly well?

Also, did either GT 1 or 2 have support for either force feedback or controller rumble?

Sponsored links

I guess PSX 1.3 & epsx 1.7 work both well with those games
give em a shot Wink
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
epsxe 1.6.2 (I think that's the exact one..) as I recall was the best one to use.
You mean 1.5.2
I clear GT2 without any problems on ePSXe but I don't remember which version I used(1.5.2 or 1.6.0)
why not use epsxe 1.7 that is the latest one? as far as i can remember they redo most of it for this final release
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Interesting thanks guys I'll give 'em a shot Smile

How about psxeven? I find myself enjoying that emu quite a bit, at least for the Ridge Racer games.

Also, can anyone answer my second question regarding whether or not GT 1 or 2 supported any kind of rumble for the controller?
You cant really go wrong with any PS1 emulator, they all pretty much do the same job on the GT games as far as im aware, however personally i used epsxe 1.7 with the latest plugins from pete (peops)
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(12-01-2010, 12:34 PM)refraction Wrote: You cant really go wrong with any PS1 emulator, they all pretty much do the same job on the GT games as far as im aware, however personally i used epsxe 1.7 with the latest plugins from pete (peops)

epsxe is good indeed, but I noticed that all the graphics plugins that I tried (including pete's) tend to distort the 3D (like without perspective correction), noticeable on walls/ceiling/floors with straight lines that go towards the horizon (e.g. under the bridge of the Seattle course in GT2) which are drawn as zig-zag lines. It's known that the PS1 has limited internal resolution which supposedly causes this issue, but the issue is also noticeable in pete's soft-gpu in native resolution.

However, pSX doesn't have those issues, and it draws the same lines as straight as it gets (I tested GT2 and MGS1). It only works in native resolution and doesn't support plugins, but it's a solid emu, and has the best image quality IMO. Definitely worth trying.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.
pSX is great Smile i forgot about it to be honest! It might be worth mentioning the PS1 didnt *really* have 3d as such.. it was sort of fake 3d, but it worked ;p but this accounts for some of the issues with 3d looking odd.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(12-01-2010, 06:40 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: why not use epsxe 1.7 that is the latest one? as far as i can remember they redo most of it for this final release

and yet for many games I was playing at the time it came out they were pointin people back to 1.5.2 newest isn't always best