Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best PSP games
i am new to PSP gaming, but already have great experiance with it!
I bought it only to play Metal Gear Solid Portable without any hopes of it being any good, but that was a surprise!

Final Fantasy Crisis Core - was another big surprise. it was like a dream come true - old-ish FF style game with updated graphic.

god of war - on the same level as GoW1! a bit too easy, though.

Half-minute hero - amazingly original and fun. For all old-JRPG fans!

I wonder if there is more games on PSP with the same depth, hardcore gameplay or/and good story. Casual games like potapon (or something) and LittleBigPlanet - go away!

what can you recommend?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64

Sponsored links

Jeanne d'Arc is pretty good Smile
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/jeannedarc/
GTA: Liberty City Stories Laugh

I don't think I ever made it past the 4th or 5th mission, I always just tooled around for hours on end.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(02-18-2010, 04:03 AM)rama Wrote: Jeanne d'Arc is pretty good Smile
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/jeannedarc/

This game is still one of the reasons why I'm thinking about buying a PSP^^. Is it really that good (in your opinion, I saw the link Tongue)?

@tohdom

I'm not owning a PSP as said above, but perhaps this site helps you. I know, it's German, but I guess the names of the games are the same in Germany as they are in Russia. And perhaps the rating gives you a little orientation. This also is the biggest site in Germany about gaming, so their rating is meaningful.

Note: 94% is the highest rating 4players ever gave so far, so 93% are very much^^. They rate not very high in comparison to other magazines anyway, so every game above 90% is "awesome", above 85% is still "very good".
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Bright-Warrior, tnx.
but this list is not very helpful to me. It shows Wipeout pulse as the greatest game for PSP and FF, metal gear, half-min hero somewhere on the second page, beneath soccer and tennis?! really?

i hope to to see some personal input with the explanation why and which PSP games people here loves. Rating just wont do it. There is words needed Smile
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(02-19-2010, 08:53 AM)tohdom Wrote: Bright-Warrior, tnx.
but this list is not very helpful to me. It shows Wipeout pulse as the greatest game for PSP and FF, metal gear, half-min hero somewhere on the second page, beneath soccer and tennis?! really?
[...]

I can see your point, I was curious about such ratings myself^^. But racing games, sports games and games like LocoRoco are not really my genre, so I never played any of them. But as much as I can tell, these ratings were not criticized by the community (I'm pretty active there), them seemed justified. But I think it's easy for a soccer game to be "awesome", just do some more additions than you would do in the usual yearly update version and you're done Tongue.

Perhaps I can dig out someting else for you^^.
Silent Hill is awesome on the PSP
My rig: Malibal P150HM - Core i7-2760QM upto 3.5GHz - 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz - ATI 6990M 2GB GDDR5 - 500GB@7200RPMNinja
Perhaps you should keep an eye on Persona 3 Portable? Do you like the Persona games? The PSP version seems to be the best one of these several updates of part 3.
Here are some of my favorites:
Killzone Liberation
Medal of Honour 2
Test Drive Unlimited.