Best SVN out atm
Was wondering what SVN revision would be considered the "best" right now performance wise.

Sponsored links

the latest gives good results, provided you have sufficient hardware
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm not wanting to know what a good one is, I assume someone keeps track of performance changes in each revision build so if anyone has something like that and know's what the best one is let me know please.
Your assumptions are wrong. There's no version which will work noticeably faster than the other ones.

Most of the changes doesn't affect performance at all or does it soo slightly nobody would ever had a chance to notice it, even when some change do affect performance it commonly affects only 1-2 games which are fixed(or broken) by it. If you have a problem with speed in some game search the forums or open an support thread, maybe somebody knows that game enough to tell you if there's anything that can speed it up more or at least you'll be told to not bother with your current hardware.
(08-02-2012, 08:45 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Your assumptions are wrong. There's no version which will work noticeably faster than the other ones.

Most of the changes doesn't affect performance at all or does it soo slightly nobody would ever had a chance to notice it, even when some change do affect performance it commonly affects only 1-2 games which are fixed(or broken) by it. If you have a problem with speed in some game search the forums or open an support thread, maybe somebody knows that game enough to tell you if there's anything that can speed it up more or at least you'll be told to not bother with your current hardware.

I know this might sound arrogant but I still think your wrong, I figured most changes would have barely any effect but I know there was some changes such as one that added in the MTVU hack that gave an incredible speed up, so I assumed there would be other revision that would contain something more notable like that and would like to know what they are.
After a commit that change persist on subsequent one. What you want to know is a particular revision that massively slow down pcsx2 instead, and afaik, there's no such revision after MTVU hack was introduced.

Or maybe this is what you want? http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=3000
(08-02-2012, 08:59 PM)naoan Wrote: After a commit that change persist on subsequent one. What you want to know is a particular revision that massively slow down pcsx2 instead, and afaik, there's no such revision after MTVU hack was introduced.

Or maybe this is what you want? http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=3000

If that is the case that's too bad, looking forward to the future revisions then, and I was being serious about this no need to be an ass about it...
you were being serious about it, and thats an excuse to be ignorant and ignore anyone trying to help you, how about you google SVN first.....

then if you dont like the help, take your bat and ball and go home

On a nicer note, recent SVN's are always better, even if a slowdown is introduced it will be for a damn good reason such as compatability or even just smoother gameplay
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****