Best Settings for Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+?
Hello PCSX2 Forums!

I recently downloaded PCSX2 and I already had a legal copy of KH2FM. I used to own a PS2, so I borrowed my friend's and I got the OS from there on a USB Flash Drive.

I wanted to know what is the best settings for MAXIMUM performance to KH2FM on my computer? (I am using a laptop, not a desktop. Not sure if that will affect much though...)

SPECS:
==============================================
i5-2430M Processor @ 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM (2 X 4GB)
Intel HD 3000, up to 1760 MB Dynamic Video Memory
DVD Super Multi DL drive
500 GB HD
==============================================

I also want to add that I am running quite a bit of programs at once. My memory usage is usually never below 5 GB, so does that mean I can only dedicate 3 GB to PCSX2?

Thanks,
Salil9992

Sponsored links

For the record, the PS2 must remain in your posession as long as the bios is on your computer.
When the PS2 leaves your possession, so must the bios.
Okay, let's say I buy an American PS2. Then am I safe?

(07-13-2012, 09:21 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: For the record, the PS2 must remain in your posession as long as the bios is on your computer.
When the PS2 leaves your possession, so must the bios.

If I buy a PS2 from somewhere, am I safe then?
Theorically, yes. Technically...No. Since KH2FM is available only in Japan, it's impossible to run it on American PS2.
But you own the game and I think it is your will what you are going to do with it. Although if you patch your game to work
on American PS2 it could be considered hacking, cracking, but then again you...blah...blah...blah...
To put it short, I would say yes.
(07-13-2012, 09:37 PM)warliukz Wrote: Theorically, yes. Technically...No. Since KH2FM is available only in Japan, it's impossible to run it on American PS2.
But you own the game and I think it is your will what you are going to do with it. Although if you patch your game to work
on American PS2 it could be considered hacking, cracking, but then again you...blah...blah...blah...
To put it short, I would say yes.

I used to use swap magic, a disc that can run japanese games. I just wanted to know the best settings for my system that can run KH2FM with minimal lag Smile
ive got a great idea, how about you try some stuff out and see what happens!

if it runs at speed - YAY!

if it doesnt - try some speedhacks.....
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-14-2012, 03:16 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: ive got a great idea, how about you try some stuff out and see what happens!

if it runs at speed - YAY!

if it doesnt - try some speedhacks.....

I'm not too familiar with these options and configurations. I don't exactly understand all of them :/
EE cycle stealing to 2 or 3(3 WILL cause stuttering audio on fmv`s)
Dont mess with VU cycle stealing cos it doesnt often give "real performance boost"
All recommended hacks on
PS: remember to delete the bios when you give your friends ps2 back Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-14-2012, 05:05 AM)omnikam Wrote: EE cycle stealing to 2 or 3(3 WILL cause stuttering audio on fmv`s)
Dont mess with VU cycle stealing cos it doesnt often give "real performance boost"
All recommended hacks on
PS: remember to delete the bios when you give your friends ps2 back Tongue

What is FMV?

And what do you mean by "real performance boost"?
Quote:What is FMV?

FMV stands for Full Motion Video

Quote:And what do you mean by "real performance boost"?

If you abused VU Cycle Stealing too much, there is high probability that FPS you're getting were fake...