Best Version of windows vista
64bit versions of windows is best than 32bits O.o dont know that ... can explain that? 64bit of windows vista is best than 32bit??

Sponsored links

It's more future proof, now that programs are starting to come out with 64 bit versions.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Just got Vista SP2, no noticable speedup from it (not that I expected any). I don't think it matters what version of Vista you have. Now, if you're talking about DX10 compatibility, that does make a difference, and from my experience (but not all experiences), it gives a large speedup. Was SP1 that delivered DX10? Or was that 10.1? I forget.
(05-30-2009, 07:42 AM)zatara214 Wrote: Just got Vista SP2, no noticable speedup from it (not that I expected any). I don't think it matters what version of Vista you have. Now, if you're talking about DX10 compatibility, that does make a difference, and from my experience (but not all experiences), it gives a large speedup. Was SP1 that delivered DX10? Or was that 10.1? I forget.

Vista shipped with DX10, and I think 10.1 was added in a DirecX update, not a vista update, I believe.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Yeah. DX10.1 is just a DX update. Microsoft always make you download DX manually, which kind of sucks. Anyways, performance wise, some games show increases in performance, while other games show decreases. That goes for both PCSX2 and PC games.

(05-30-2009, 06:51 AM)Barasuisho Wrote: 64bit versions of windows is best than 32bits O.o dont know that ... can explain that? 64bit of windows vista is best than 32bit??
For now, there is no real difference between 32 and 64-bit other than the fact that you can have more than 4Gb of RAM if you have a 64-bit OS. The only reason to have a 64-bit OS is to simply have more RAM (for now anyways). All of those games that have "optimized for 64-bit" is just a bunch of BS. There's no noticeable performance increase.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Vista x32 Game Edition is the best
(05-30-2009, 09:17 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: Yeah. DX10.1 is just a DX update. Microsoft always make you download DX manually, which kind of sucks. Anyways, performance wise, some games show increases in performance, while other games show decreases. That goes for both PCSX2 and PC games.

(05-30-2009, 06:51 AM)Barasuisho Wrote: 64bit versions of windows is best than 32bits O.o dont know that ... can explain that? 64bit of windows vista is best than 32bit??
For now, there is no real difference between 32 and 64-bit other than the fact that you can have more than 4Gb of RAM if you have a 64-bit OS. The only reason to have a 64-bit OS is to simply have more RAM (for now anyways). All of those games that have "optimized for 64-bit" is just a bunch of BS. There's no noticeable performance increase.

I beg to differ. The games I have in both 32 and 64 bit versions by and large run better as the 64 bit version. It's not a DRASTIC improvement, but there is definitely a difference. However, we won't really start seeing any potential improvements until games start being written exclusively in 64-bit.
(05-30-2009, 09:32 AM)tenow Wrote: Vista x32 Game Edition is the best

That's because Vista Game Edition is just Vista without all the 'Bloatware'. It's use a user modified version of Vista, minus all the things Microsoft thinks we need, which in turn, slow it down.

And as far as programs written for x64, and x86 go, I have noticed VAST improvements between Adobe Photoshop CS4, and Adobe Photoshop CS4 64 Bit. The 64 Bit runs so much faster, and cleaner.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
My Vista Ultimate 32bitz works fine, no BSOD or anything like that. It's really fast even for Pcsx2 gaming Laugh
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(05-30-2009, 04:32 PM)Butz_san Wrote: My Vista Ultimate 32bitz works fine, no BSOD or anything like that. It's really fast even for Pcsx2 gaming Laugh

Haha, what? Not like were saying that 64 Bit gets BSOD constantly. The architecture of your OS isn't going to to really matter for PCSX2, considering it's x86.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper