Best configuration for FFXII
Tongue 
Hi,

things i encountered:

1. delayed in audio during scenematic

*** the audio on the first part when someone is narrating a series of letter doesnt have any problem.

2. slow movement during game play

but

*** video quality is great and not blurry

Im using a:

Brand Gateway
Model MD7826u

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26G
Memory Size 4GB DDR2
Hard Disk 320GB

Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Video Memory 512MB

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed P8400(2.26GHz)
CPU FSB 1066MHz
CPU L2 Cache 3MB

Memory 4GB

P.S.

So far i only tried playing FFXII and was hoping that if i can play the game perfectly all the other game will be the same. ( or i am wrong? )

I appreciate the help.

Sponsored links

Yeah i am experiencing the same problem, but.. i think i found a fix, somewhat.

in configuration, I want to use
P.E.Op.S ASPI/IOCTL PS2 Driver

you can buff up to X16, and read ahead, this in turn should speed up the game, and cut down on slow downs and bad sounds.

However, my problem is, I use vista, and i cannot fine a ASPI or IOCTL that is compatible with vista to use this mod. so...

i think i am SoL.. Disgaea runs great thou.
You'd be wrong. FF12 isn't the most demanding PS2 game out there by a long shot (at least in my experience). That said, your processor is a little on the slow side (only a 2.2ghz dual core, where most 3d games require a 3+ghz dual core). You can try using the latest supported beta (1474) and you might get a bit more speed out of it if you aren't using it already. Also, you should convert your physical DVD of the game to an ISO and play it using the linuziso plugins and that should help sound stuttering when a cutscene begins.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks KOJI!!!! i'll give it a shot....
Quote:FF12 isn't the most demanding PS2 game out there by a long shot (at least in my experience).
Not by a longshot! My system gets about 90 fps in FFXII but on Xenosaga I for example I get as low as 30 in cutscenes Tongue

songryong the sound slowdown occurs because you don't get full speed, so the spu2 plugin slows down the audio to match the video speed (to prevent repeating)
Try using the latest beta and some speed hacks to get some better speeds
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-31-2009, 09:09 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:FF12 isn't the most demanding PS2 game out there by a long shot (at least in my experience).
Not by a longshot! My system gets about 90 fps in FFXII but on Xenosaga I for example I get as low as 30 in cutscenes Tongue

songryong the sound slowdown occurs because you don't get full speed, so the spu2 plugin slows down the audio to match the video speed (to prevent repeating)
Try using the latest beta and some speed hacks to get some better speeds
agreed on that Xenosaga is a costly game but I would also if I where him try dealing with lesser graphics. the Audio chop is gonna happen in most cases I got a brand new machine in the last 3 days and It get's audio lag still and it's got a strong system running hell I got the a 5.8 Processor beta and it still get's lag it's just the game like in Dynasty warrior Gundam 2 There are area's that go to total ***** and act like there supper laggy but just are the way the game is.
Not really, I never got any audio lag in FFXII or in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (which I've played for over 50 hours...). Bad settings can also cause it (of course i presume you use SPU2-X with XAudio 2 selected). No idea what a '5.8 Processor beta' is supposed to be Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-31-2009, 09:43 AM)Bositman Wrote: Not really, I never got any audio lag in FFXII or in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (which I've played for over 50 hours...). Bad settings can also cause it (of course i presume you use SPU2-X with XAudio 2 selected). No idea what a '5.8 Processor beta' is supposed to be Tongue

the Processor is a Beta Model thats all