Best configuration for good quality display.
yeah, I'm running it at 1900x1200 internal res and it runs great, just some blurs around peoples faces and such that are kind of annoying to me, I'll try skipdraw later to see if that fixes it maybe

Sponsored links

Take a red pixel and duplicate it horizontally and vertically, now you have 4 beautiful red pixels... but wait, the algorithm may be smart enough to blend the borders with the original adjacent blue pixel (now itself 4 blue pixels) getting an intermediate color (actually it might go longer in the analyze but...). In the end the overall image is smoother but a bit blurred too. You know, fine details not present in the original just can't come from nowhere to give the picture actual sharpness and detail richness.

There is a limit above what increasing the resolution can't help at all... were possible and it would be the dream of every photographer out there.

In time: OK, it acts something like AA too and is wonderful to reduce jagging.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-19-2011, 12:36 AM)Rezard Wrote: And on the thing about 4x AA, if we're talking PCSX2, then SLI has no place in the conversation.

I did not mean 4x AA, but 4x4 AA or 4x4 Super Sampling which takes for the final pixel the average of 16 pixels.

And the SLI thing was @ normal PC games. I mentioned SLI because no single GPU card can handle 4x4 AA in PC games and therefor no nvidia/ATI driver lists the option right off the bat.

Actually the Witcher 2 came out, which has an option called Uber Sampling. It brings fps down from 60 to 20. So I think its something like 4x4 AA or what PCSX2 does - scaling.

(05-19-2011, 10:21 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: You know, fine details not present in the original just can't come from nowhere to give the picture actual sharpness and detail richness.

If this is correct (I think so too), why gains the character picture in the left upper corner sharpness?
Xenosaga 3 @ Scale 4x
Xenosaga 3 @ Native
Does that mean, this picture too is a 3D object, opposed to a drawn pic?
Core i5 760 @ 4,0GHz DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24-32 GTX480AMP @ Stock Thermaltake Level 10
(05-23-2011, 08:22 PM)Nova eXelon Wrote: I did not mean 4x AA, but 4x4 AA or 4x4 Super Sampling which takes for the final pixel the average of 16 pixels.

And the SLI thing was @ normal PC games. I mentioned SLI because no single GPU card can handle 4x4 AA in PC games and therefor no nvidia/ATI driver lists the option right off the bat.

Actually the Witcher 2 came out, which has an option called Uber Sampling. It brings fps down from 60 to 20. So I think its something like 4x4 AA or what PCSX2 does - scaling.

If this is correct (I think so too), why gains the character picture in the left upper corner sharpness?
Xenosaga 3 @ Scale 4x
Xenosaga 3 @ Native
Does that mean, this picture too is a 3D object, opposed to a drawn pic?

The picture in the top left is in fact scaled. No details are gained. Yes the image is clearer, that's what scaling does. But if you compare the two you could obtain a similar image by simply running the second through a scale effect in photoshop.
No, you wouldn't get close to the same with photoshop. And yes there's more detail, just look at the uh... head-band and the uh... other thingie around her head, you can easily read "KOS-MOS" while the pic at native you can't even tell they're supposed to be letters and the hair is more detailed, it's just a scene where there's not many textures to see the detail on but doesn't mean it's not there.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64