Best configuration for my machine???
Hey everyone. Just to let you know I'm new to this site and this is my first thread so hang in there with me. Anyways, I have used the pcsx2 1.0.0 for a while now and most games are ok. But, I was looking onto other threads and people with way worse specs than mine are making games work better Sad Specifically, games such as DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Dark Cloud (haven't tried the second one yet). I can run FFX, Persona 3(for the most part), Kingdom Hearts and plenty of other titles all day no problem. But I feel like I'm not getting the best performance that I should be. Here's my specs:

Acer Aspire 5552G
AMD Phenom II X2 N660(Dual Core 3.2GHz not overclocked)
500 GB HDD(and not that I think it matters but also have 2 1TB external HDD)
AMD Radeon HD 6650M
8 GB DDR3 RAM(upgraded from 4 and it's a beast now Biggrin)

From what I've seen compared to other posts on here my machine is awesome. I was looking into something called a speed hack, but I don't have a clue what that is or how I can get it. And please, if you're one of those snobby know it all people I'd rather not hear from you. To everyone else, I hope someone can help me out and explain to me what a speed hack is. Given my specs, can someone tell me what a good configuration for the pcsx2 would be for harder games like Shadow of the Colossus. Sorry if the post is too long. Anyways, I hope to hear from someone real soon. Thanks guys Smile PS. If I'm missing any information let me know and I'll post it. Thanks!

Sponsored links

You compare a dual core cpu to an i7 and think the dual core is awesome?

Speedhacks can help run some games that your machine isnt powerful enough to run (or just plain make i easier to run). They can be found under emulation settings -> speedhacks. Generally try to only use the recommended ones. Unfortunately since you only have a dual core, you wont benefit much from mtvu. Try to limit your use of the EE cycle rate and VU cycle steal hacks.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Hi, apparently you did not bother reading the configuration guide at all?
Speed hacks (and every other option) are explained there in detail.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v1-0-0
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-04-2013, 11:01 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: You compare a dual core cpu to an i7 and think the dual core is awesome?

Speedhacks can help run some games that your machine isnt powerful enough to run (or just plain make i easier to run). They can be found under emulation settings -> speedhacks. Generally try to only use the recommended ones. Unfortunately since you only have a dual core, you wont benefit much from mtvu. Try to limit your use of the EE cycle rate and VU cycle steal hacks.

although it in rational but MTVU performance is kinda of "per game " before " per cores " like ALOT of games get benefits from using MTVU with Dual core but just not optimal Smile
(05-04-2013, 11:05 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: although it in rational but MTVU performance is kinda of "per game " before " per cores " like ALOT of games get benefits from using MTVU with Dual core but just not optimal Smile

Hence the 'much'. I used to have a core2duo and used mtvu. Had a very small fps increase, but not enough to put it at a similar level that it can benefit cpus with 3+ cores. Of course as you said, this is a 'per game' circumstance, so games I dont have could get larger benefits from mtvu on a dual core, but the hack is designed around 3+ cores.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Ok, you could have just gave me the advice not down my computer. Anyways, if I over clocked my CPU would that help a little?
Everyone gave you advice...it would help a little yes.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Sorry didn't mean to sound so mean. Having a bad day. Anyways, I learned that my OEM won't allow me to overclock my system. So, I've decided to build my own PC over the next few months. Now, I'm in the IT field as a Network Systems Administration, but my knowledge of graphic cards isn't all the great as I deal with network issues and not actual hardware. So could anyone give me some good recommendations for GPU's and CPU's and what would make my custom built laptop the best it can be. I'd really appreciate the help Smile
(Again, sorry for sounding like a jerk :-/)
you plan to "build" a laptop? or a desktop?
He should build a desktop,that would be best.just small suggestion !!